Thread: Looking for 2012 5.3 liter E38 Connector Pin Out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This is my first experience with a Gen IV anything!

I decided to post my experience, to help others who might want to know what is involved. I greatly appreciate all the awesome support I've received!

I will soon learn what is required to get this Gen IV project up and running. There could be conflicting information in this tread, which causes me concern. I will post back what I did to resolve the conflicting information.

The attached pics show Accessory Wakeup circuit 5985. I am in hopes once everything is hooked up, I'll be able to read the E38 computer thru the ALDL connector. It's my thinking if I am successful with reading the E38 without the BCM, the engine / trans will work. If more work is required, I'll post back with questions / solutions.

I have a good track record of success doing new and challenging things, I will accept nothing less than success with this project.

I could have wimped out / gone the easy route and purchased a harness / computer from Current Performance http://www.currentperformance.com/LS2.html I don't think the people at Current Performance are any smarter than me, they just know things I don't know YET!

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Dave, I have no doubt that you will come up with what works for you, and that it will work well for your customer.

This is a commercial venture for you, and I am aware that you are the type of person who likes to know everything about how things function - very admirable.

I run a commercial operation and therefore don't give out "how to" instructions for the products that I sell. Kind of like asking Howell or SpearTech how to build a wiring harness.

That said, I really like the environment yourself, EagleMark, and others have going on this Forum. To this end, I will never knowingly let you make an error on a commercial product. I have attempted to provide helpful hints in this thread, as well as more specific assistance off the Forum.

I know you will get it sorted out to your satisfaction.