The project is a L36 to L67 power train swap. Donor vehicle is a 2000 Regal GS and receiving vehicle is a 2000 Impala LS.

I have both PCM's and they both work with a minimalist bench harness which includes the ALDL plug.

I have been told by a local GM specialty shop that their current system will not be able to do a simple VIN Flash - The aim is to flash the Impala VIN onto the Regal PCM without altering anything else. Their system is not stand-alone, it is connected to the GM website and with the VIN flash comes any updated and correct programming to the PCM in which that VIN calls for.

I have been told some Car Quest locations have this ability, but I must be prepared to fill out several forms about the motor swap, proof of ownership, blah blah. This is a legitimate project in regards to those details, but I expect some unforeseen problem as the Car Quest employee failed to mention any of this to me over the phone.

I have also been informed about a high performance company in my local area that has full PCM programming capabilities. They have flashed PCM units for the GM shop in the past. I was also told that their service does not come without surprises, mostly increasing final billing which is expensive to start with. It's not a good thing when the GM shop says I should be present in person for the flash and pay for the service up front before any work is done.

I am willing to send the PCM and bench harness to someone who can perform the needed VIN Flash.
Still seeking local shop with stand alone GM Tech-2 programmer willing to do this in the Las Vegas area where the swap project is taking place.

What are my options?