Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFI Live customer service sucks to an all time new level!

EFI Live customer service sucks to an all time new level!

Seriously I can't believe what I just went through?

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....hey-can-t-help

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

That sucks King Kong balls!!

Fuel Injected!
    I have a few people wanting me to tune their LS based cars and have been looking at EFIlive and HPtuners. I think I will stay away from EFIlive.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    very poor customer service for sure.
    Did you have a similiar experience as mark? What was your reason for saying they have poor cust service? Just wondering.

Yet another reason this licence thing needs to go away.
    Sorry about your trouble mark.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Yet another reason this licence thing needs to go away.
    Sorry about your trouble mark.
    It is because of possible issues such as this that has kept me away from OBD 2 tuning.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewayne_S View Post
    I have a few people wanting me to tune their LS based cars and have been looking at EFIlive and HPtuners. I think I will stay away from EFIlive.
    I'm still on the buy EFI live side of that one do to comparing licensing requirements on conversions and transplants, it's just cheaper and easier. Plus you can change VIN to match vehicle.

EFI Live customer service for installing software and cables along with working out issues from all the updates is really good. But there's so many updates you need to pick an old stable version and stick with it like I did, or wait till the new one finally has the bugs worked out. They really do jump on this for people and fix for next version. Seems like the last year has been a constant update to fix updates. I don't have time to help them work on beta versions, but they won't call them that, but it is.

With all the updates none of the trick tutorials work! NONE! They all need to be tweaked, even then if you don't have an LSx they probably will never work. Like 98-00 Vortec is impossible to use any of the tuning tricks, just to much stuff missing. If it were not for joecar on their site helping everyone figure out how to use the tutorials it'd be worthless! He's great!

But when it comes to asking for a parameter missing and needed? They have their speech outlined on how much research goes into what people want, what they are working on, what's next and how far behind they are on new stuff, does not make sense to work on old stuff. A lot of old stuff is not finished and ready for prime time. I don't know how they come up with priority list? Seems like diesels are the priority?

This buying a license issue was just handled wrong and been such a PIA and time consuming. Their shopping cart did not work, took my money though and said to contact them. So I did. But they did not even look into it, just sent me a message blowing me off as it was my CC companies fault because they are in a differant country and they are to busy to help, seriously! My credit card worked before! Here's what they said:
    You may red to contact your credit card issuing bank and ensure that thy are allowing your card to be used for foreign transactions. Our payment processor is Payment Express (DPS) in New Zealand.

If you still have issues you may need to purchase licenses through a dealer. We have many transactions flowing through the site so unfortunately it's not an issue that we're able to resolve for you sorry.

Regards,
    Andrew Jensen
    Then it was like I had to beg them to find out where my money or license was? All I have gotten back so far is DEFENSE! Even though they finally found they did get my payment from CC Company, my order is still in shopping cart, they never processed my license or even offered an I'm sorry. Just DEFENSE!!!

Back to tuning with TunerCat!

This was a hard one though and I wanted to use all the tied in features of scanning and flashing so I bought a license... big mistake! 2 days later and no license... A friend came over with his HP Tuners and gave me a lesson since it was same as his car he had all the maps etc... setup. I was impressed with the HP Tuners! It was just as easy as EFI Live, just different terminology.

-= =-

For all LSx I use HPT. I have ordered a lot of credits and never had a problem.
    A few times when I was in the middle of nowhere with no internet access, I just picked my Android cell phone and ordered credits. The new license key arrived at my email APP in less than 30 seconds. Then I just typed the new key to the software and I was tuning.
    HPT uses CC and paypal, I always use paypal and never had any problem with foreign transactions.

EagleMark- IMO...
    For all the help you have given to all the forums and probally thousands of people over the years;maybe even more!
    You would think they would bend over backwards to make things right with you and give you some respect.
    I am in no way sucking up as I have nothing to gain for this post and just calling it as I see it ,
    -on your thousands of posts that you have taken your own time to contribute;
    Rest assured does not go unnoticed by everyone!

It will be their loss in the end!... .this is just my 2 cents from CANADA EH!

Thank You EagleMark- AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    I always use paypal and never had any problem with foreign transactions.
    It was PayPal Mastercard. It is all I use on Internet because of the ease of protection I get from it on Net, globally.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead1 View Post
    EagleMark- IMO...
    For all the help you have given to all the forums and probally thousands of people over the years;maybe even more!
    You would think they would bend over backwards to make things right with you and give you some respect.
    I am in no way sucking up as I have nothing to gain for this post and just calling it as I see it ,
    -on your thousands of posts that you have taken your own time to contribute;
    Rest assured does not go unnoticed by everyone!

It will be their loss in the end!... .this is just my 2 cents from CANADA EH!

Thank You EagleMark- AMEN!
    Thank you!

But it has nothing to do with who I am or what I did. This is about customer service that sucks! This is a very expensive product with competition. I've been reading both the well known OBDII software forums for years and there is a backwards mentality when it comes to customer service with EFI Live. It's all about them, their small staff, how hard they work and point out all their strong points while ignoring all their short comings! I wish it was just this one issue, but it is not, it's a constant defense and argument in all situations where customer is never right. I'd not even have made a post but instead it was the straw that pushed me over the edge!

For a customer to order something on their website and it fails, then get a notice to contact customer service and customer service does not even look into it? Just blow me off with an excuse that it's my credit card that won't work in another country and tell me there's nothing they can do???? You got to be kidding???

Then I tell them my credit card not only works internationally but has the charges on it and the replay was "what is your order number?" Well I don't have one because the order did not go through your site, remember it said to contact you!

Four attempts at signing into the new website, had to re-register because of new site. All that worked fine until I got to shopping cart order. When I finally convinced them it was really happening and they looked into it? They said I had 17 transactions of which only one went through? Oh really? One went through? Where's my product I paid for? Still no attempt to make things right with me or admit that there is an issue with their site, still my fault, why did I submit 17 times? I had to repeat my self over and over that I tried four times! One went through! Where's my license? Reply was what about the other 13 times? WTF! Who cares! It's your problem obviously, what about me?

So far no one has spoken up on their behalf, only replies and PMs I've received is from people who have sided with me that the situation is a terrible attempt at customer service and very frustrating! I was worried when I did this if I'd just get flamed for complaining...

-= =-

EagleMark- I was referring to your opinion on this issue with this company, and I think it will have an effect, because of who you are.
    So many people trust your opinions and knowledge about EFI that it will have a negative effect as "word of mouth" goes a long way in business.
    If I posted this original thread here do you think I would curb as many people or have as much effect on this issue?... NO WAY!

QUOTE="I was worried when I did this if I'd just get flamed for complaining"

We all needed to know so we can make the right decisions about where to spend our hard earned money. I am sure everyboby looks at reviews on the net now about any big dollar items we are thinking about buying, and forums are where to look for this info not the actual site we are thinking of buying from.

Well thank you for your confidence in me! I was not trying to use my reputation in any way to influence, just stating the facts. I wish I was alone and it was only me that had this kind of poor customer service treatment, but I'm not alone and it's not a one time thing, it's just their way!

Most people are afraid to publicly complain as they will be shunned from any technical support. Which is a very important part of using this software. Looking at their forums you can see the technical difficulties in keeping software, hardware, firmware etc.. all in order for the product to even work. It is constantly a moving target with updates and fixes to updates and the rush to get newer controllers on market to keep up or surpass competition! Customer is really not a priority!

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Well thank you for your confidence in me! I was not trying to use my reputation in any way to influence, just stating the facts. I wish I was alone and it was only me that had this kind of poor customer service treatment, but I'm not alone and it's not a one time thing, it's just their way!

Most people are afraid to publicly complain as they will be shunned from any technical support. Which is a very important part of using this software. Looking at their forums you can see the technical difficulties in keeping software, hardware, firmware etc.. all in order for the product to even work. It is constantly a moving target with updates and fixes to updates and the rush to get newer controllers on market to keep up or surpass competition! Customer is really not a priority!
    JUst because there is a mixup doesn't mean that you are entitled to a free license as a penalty to them. I find it not fair that you have an issue and belittle their support. Support that has been for me TOP notch from day one over 6 years ago. I do understand the seeming frustration of the time difference but it is not fair to judge the level of support and quality on a single transaction.

I do understand that sometimes one gets frustrated on occasions but they don't deserve this bad posting and negative feedback over one simple issue. These things can affect business big time and one does really have to pay attention to that.

Fuel Injected!
    Makes me not want to buy it
    Last edited by Munchies; 09-12-2014 at 04:55 AM.