Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frankenbody

Fuel Injected!

Frankenbody

hopefully here in the next few weekends i will be finishing installing a frankenbody on my 1969 chevy truck. i have already added a in tank fuel pump to the factory tank and have run fuel and return line up to the engine. i have already cut the two throttlebodys and am getting ready to make a few modifications on them to make them work for me i then will put them together. my computer has already been modified by dynamic efi to run 4 injectors and i will be running an OD BJYL bin . i will also be running and aftermarket external fuel pressure regulator instead of the factory ones. my question is when i do the first start up do i need to divide the VE tables in half to adjust for the extra injectors? also is there anything else you can think of that i need to do to get this going? my first project is coming along pretty good i still have a little more to adjust on idle and warm up idle but the open throttle running down the road is almost dialed in i think. i will have to upload a datalog for you to take a look at. next i will be hooking up a wideband o2 to further tune it. i will upload some pics from both projects when i get closer to the 69's start up. any advise would be appreciated.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    here are some pics. the truck its going on ,the engine it going on, the tbi so far, spacer/ intake adapter,other parts and the PCM that will be running it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't why people bother with modifying the injector drivers. The PCM is capable of running 4 injectors without issue.
    You start just like any conversion. Start with a stock bin and adjust as needed. You will have to reduce the VE table in the idle area, but it may not be by half, it might be less, it might be more.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Nice truck! Really nice motor! I've seen those TBs cut in half before, way more daring then me! Cool Project!

As Six said just tune it. The only thing I can think of I would change is the injector size... and I'm not sure what to do there. Since the bin wants one injector and you have two, add them up and enter it? Must be calculated by fuel pressure as well. Could play with this setting a little to make VE closer.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i wish i knew that before i spent 100.00 doing it.got you on the VE tables
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    I don't why people bother with modifying the injector drivers. The PCM is capable of running 4 injectors without issue.
    You start just like any conversion. Start with a stock bin and adjust as needed. You will have to reduce the VE table in the idle area, but it may not be by half, it might be less, it might be more.

Fuel Injected!
    Nice ride !

Any pics of the in tank pump setup ? Did you install a baffle or just hung a pump in there ?

I was going to modify the stock tank on my '70 GMC for an in tank pump , but never got around to it .........

TOM
    1994 3500 Dually , 502 (509) , 264HR , Edelbrock MPFI , PFI '7427
    1992 S-10 434 SBC/Tremec - '7427
    1986 Monte Carlo SS
    1984 S-10 , SAS, 496/700R4/205 , D44/14BFF -'7427
    1980 Z-28 496/700R4
    1979 Corvette 496/700R4
    1977 Olds 98 Regency 403/700R4

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty-Z View Post
    Nice ride !

Any pics of the in tank pump setup ? Did you install a baffle or just hung a pump in there ?

I was going to modify the stock tank on my '70 GMC for an in tank pump , but never got around to it .........

TOM

i made a baffle out of an old plastic gas can and hung a 1996 chevy truck fuel pump on the stock tank pickup tube. i had to cut an access hole in the top and make a cover for it. sorry no pics

Fuel Injected!
    do you think hooking the fuel lines in series would work or does it need to be in parallel ? pictutre diagram below. i know the drawing is bad.

If you're going to use the original regulators parallel would be best. Alternatively you can run then in series converting the first regulator into an accumulator. A friend of mine has ran his 4 bbl TBIs in both configurations with success.

He currently uses an aftermarket regulator and uses 4 feed lines to the injector pods.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    i am using an aftermarket regulator. what is an accumulator and how do i make it?
    If you're going to use the original regulators parallel would be best. Alternatively you can run then in series converting the first regulator into an accumulator. A friend of mine has ran his 4 bbl TBIs in both configurations with success.

He currently uses an aftermarket regulator and uses 4 feed lines to the injector pods.

Fuel Injected!
    i got the throttle linkage done.

Fuel Injected!
    i am only going to run one iac motor on my tbi and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to block off the second iac air hole? i have to block the outside and inside hole.

A friend of mine has done it a couple of ways. He's used an O2 sensor plug, because it was the same thread, and then used a pintle from an IAC to be jammed in there. He's also made an adjustable one, that he can use to set minimum air, but I think he currently just has it closed.

You could also JB weld the hole closed.

Fuel Injected!
    what size o2 sensor plug did he use because the one one i had 18mm 1.5 thread was not big enough but the epoxy idea is good.
    A friend of mine has done it a couple of ways. He's used an O2 sensor plug, because it was the same thread, and then used a pintle from an IAC to be jammed in there. He's also made an adjustable one, that he can use to set minimum air, but I think he currently just has it closed.

You could also JB weld the hole closed.