In trying to clean up our old gallery full of Bins, Wiring diagrams, definition files etc... I found SO MANY BCC Bin files that were superseded by GM!!!

When GM was finding issues with a chip they would fix the issue and offer dealers a new chip. This was not a recall, so no one was notified! But if you went into a dealer for anything related to the EFI system or driveablity issues they were supposed to check BCC and replace the chip. This did not always happen! When it did happen it was just the chip, not ECM. So even your ECM sticker BCC code may not be correct either!

So why start with a chip that had known issues? Why try and tune out an issue GM already fixed? I don't know and I can only imagine how many issues this has caused in original cars/trucks, let alone conversions and tuners!!! So...

1. If you need your stock chip checked post up the BCC!
2. If you have a good BCC and the file can be verified as stock I will add it to Information threads.
3. If you need a good starter chip? Look for them in your ECM/PCM information threads! If you can't find what you need ask up here!