Thread: Bin Files Checked Here! Good Bin Files Needed! Need a Bin file?

Bin Files Checked Here! Good Bin Files Needed! Need a Bin file?

In trying to clean up our old gallery full of Bins, Wiring diagrams, definition files etc... I found SO MANY BCC Bin files that were superseded by GM!!!

When GM was finding issues with a chip they would fix the issue and offer dealers a new chip. This was not a recall, so no one was notified! But if you went into a dealer for anything related to the EFI system or driveablity issues they were supposed to check BCC and replace the chip. This did not always happen! When it did happen it was just the chip, not ECM. So even your ECM sticker BCC code may not be correct either!

So why start with a chip that had known issues? Why try and tune out an issue GM already fixed? I don't know and I can only imagine how many issues this has caused in original cars/trucks, let alone conversions and tuners!!! So...

1. If you need your stock chip checked post up the BCC!
    2. If you have a good BCC and the file can be verified as stock I will add it to Information threads.
    3. If you need a good starter chip? Look for them in your ECM/PCM information threads! If you can't find what you need ask up here!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I'll start because I can not find a bin file for this application anywhere. Not even a bad one! This should be an easy find, but it's not. Wonder what guys are starting with on a conversion?

Needed: Bin file for 7.4L/454 manual trans 1227747 $42
    Known good bins are:
    AFTM
    ADNW
    AZFU
    AZFW
    AKUP
    AZFW

-= =-

Here is the one I use to start with.

dave w

EagleMark EDIT: Bins added to Information Threads and removed here.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Here is the one I use to start with.

dave w
    I will add that to the list. do you know BCC?

But I am looking for a Manual trans bin?

-= =-

Administrator
    Sometimes you start with a cal that's been superseded because that's all you can get. Many OEM tuning issues weren't a huge deal. The bulletins tell you why the updated cal was released and sometimes you can find a similar cal (say for an auto trans) which had the correction to bring over to your tune.

454 plus manual trans wasn't super common with 7747. Most that I remember came with 8747 which was "heavy duty emissions" ecm. Lessee... I'll dig around a bit here... Ok, I've still got a few 454 + manual cals. I have used ANTZ as a base for several cals including a built 258 CJ with Howell fuel only conversion that would smoke a set of 32's from idle.

These days I don't try to upgrade 747 cals, I try to replace the ecm with a P4.

Edit: The auto trans cal previously uploaded is based on AFTB5470. It is not original. A file comparison shows 185 differences with the stock file. I have attached the stock file.

EagleMark EDIT: Bins added to Information Threads and removed here.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 11-15-2011 at 08:47 AM.

All good info there 1project2many!

Just trying to weed out bad chip files we host, there's usually plenty of known good ones to start with. I got a good start on it in the info threads and cleaned up my own files on the computer. But now you bring up a point if they are stock? I know some of mine are because I read the chip. How do you know if they are untouched?

-= =-

Administrator
    The program I uploaded, Bithoist, can do that for quite a few. For others you need to have a known file to compare to.

Have to get back to BitHoist... would the checksum program from TunerCats help?

I just want to post/host quality bins. There's plenty of good ones to cover all applications. Then there's 1000's more all over the net like DIY-EFI and Moates that are superceeded, changed, corrupt, named wrong etc... just want to get out of that game of quantity.

-= =-

I have the following bins I can offer. I can verify they are stock because I have the chips setting here in front of me. If I know what they are, I will say.

AKAH 88? 350, auto
    ASDX dont know the year, but its a 350 manual trans
    ABFB dont know.
    APAA I think a 4.3 astro van auto, not sure.
    ANTY dont know year, but its 454 auto

These are all chips I have removed from 7747 ecm's
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

I attached a few more $42 .bin files, which I read from the chips.

dave w

EagleMark EDIT: Bins added to Information threads and removed here.

Well if you guys keep sending known read chips, then that is what we will host in information threads. Somewhere down the road I will put all left over bins in an FTP folder for people if they need them.

I'll still check BCC code for anyone that wants to know if their chip is on the supercede list.

-= =-

The bins I listed are on my laptop. I will probably fire it up this weekend and when I do I will upload those to here.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Sweet! good start, no need to stress, it's a work in progress. Next I am going to do 1227727 1227730.

-= =-

Administrator
    All of the files I keep in my library have been checked against bithoist. If they cannot be confirmed as good and / or stock, they are placed in a folder for unknown cals. I am glad to send the known good cals but I don't usually bother checking to see if they're the latest and greatest.

Well when you have time just zip them up since you know they are good. I will go through and only post the latest superceeded or never supeceeded. You guys are supporting this so it must be a good idea. No one else will have all good known stock bins to start. As for the rest? They will all go into ftp directory with a warning so they don't go to waste. In the end our seperate threads per ecm/pcm will have all wiring diagrams, ADX, XDF, Hack, Bins and links to further discussion. One stop shop! Locked threads so questions come here. Sub forum will be locked information threads only. Six and I are working on doing something simalar with the writup forum. Anyone wanting to contribute or volenteer for project just jump in. It's always been a community effort.

-= =-