Thread: 95 tbi 7427 PCM to accel gen 6 wiring

Carb and Points!

95 tbi 7427 PCM to accel gen 6 wiring

Help..... I put a 95 350 tbi in my 86 Monte SS, it's been fun but thinking about trying to put in an Accel gen 6 computer. Looking through the wiring stuff, I can't figure out a few wires. They are calling it the pot 1, pot 2?? Any help much appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carb and Points!
    So...This whole re pinning thing sucks! Lol, after a lot of looking around, I'm pretty sure I'm going to put the 7427 back in. Anyone know of anyone in the Mid Michigan area that can get in and do some tuning for me. Kicking my own ass for taking it apart in the first place!

Carb and Points!
    So here's the goods! I put this in about 3 yrs ago, ran great except it hit the limiter a little too early. I've read that this is likely a trans code. This is running a stock engine, with headers. Deleted the e.g.r. So for the new dilemma it starts but sputters and dies, after my attempted re pinning. How many wires can be out of place and this thing still try running?? Lol, wish me luck. Time to trace some wires!
    Attached Images Attached Images

So you never could figure out what all the pins were for the Accell ECM?

Wiring from one big pile is a PIA, you have to check each one and for any same color need to ohm them from end to end to make sure you have the right ones.

You have been better off with a chip burner and a G1 Adapter from Moates then trying to put the Acell unit in there. Good luck, you;ll get it!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    Well, a few more hours of tracing wires, and it's running better, but only firing one of the injectors. I can't wait to get this thing back together correctly. It's a good time to strip a few extra wires. Then gonna have to learn the tuning end of this.

Carb and Points!
    Well, It's closer! I noticed my f15 pin was empty, can't seem to find the wire that come out?? So I jumpered out of the pink wire, in to my f15. Now both injectors are firing, it sounds normal. Back out to investigate!

Carb and Points!
    Ok, so the jumper still caused intermittent injector outages. Found a dark brown wire, got it on f15, now it's running pretty consistent, but seems to surge a little, and dies every now and then. Thinking its a ground wire or two or three out of place! Getting there.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks EagleMark! I'm alot closer than I was before. It was running fine in the driveway, I took it down about six blocks, turned around in the gas station, it started sputtering, lost one side of injectors, crept home. The cat was just starting to glow.... Not good. But without your help I wouldn't have gotten this far. Another day, thanks again.

Your welcome... but I haven't done anything yet? You just got a real bugger to put back together right. There's a lot of little things that can go wrong when your messing with that amount of wires and connections.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    Ok, we'll its going again. Stopped by the local junk yard, found a truck with the right plugs! I did have a few wires out of place. Best $5.00 I ever spent! Eagle, you did get me the schematics, in a pinch, when I needed it most! Thank you! Happily Fuel Injected Again!