Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where is the fuel map table for 1227165 to adjust air fuel ratio

where is the fuel map table for 1227165 to adjust air fuel ratio

cannot locate fuel map table in the definition. Anybody have experience with these models? 1987 Chevy Camaro 5.7 Auto

Assuming the 1227165 definitions are similar to the other ECM/PCMs look under BPW parameters, then VE tables.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

There are no VE tables in $6E, it's MAF only. All fueling is controlled by MAF tables.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Well there you have it, I'm wrong again Still learning, errr trying.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by brian617 View Post
    Well there you have it, I'm wrong again Still learning, errr trying.
    Its generally a table that corellates BPW to LV8 and RPM in those old MAF setups.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    There are no VE tables in $6E, it's MAF only. All fueling is controlled by MAF tables.
    ok eaglemark, first of all I don't speak computer language. I have no clue what you are talking about when you say $6E. So if I used VE tables before that I have experience with how can I use that experience to tune this differant system? I see the maf tables and I understand how the maf changes in voltage according to air flow but why do we have 6 tables and only 1 column in each instead of how the VE table looks with several columns. I can only assume that I need to open all 6 maf tables and watch for my courser for the current stage that needs to be address right? And please explain the $6E part, for I dont know what that has to do with my question.

$6E is hex for the designation of the mask/definition. You should see that in the XDF file your using to adjust the bin.

MAF is using voltage to frequency... what it's doing is measuring air flow and calculating fuel based on the numbers in these tables.

Working with MAF in six tables is hard and IIRC there are differant multipliers for each table? I'm not well versed in $6E so can't help to much. But you adjust the MAF tables similar as a VE table to increase or decrease fueling needs. One thing about MAF is it has to be a very smooth transition/slope from end to end. Which is hard with changing tables. I think the reason they are split up is the limits of TunerPro, or what limits used to be, it would not scroll and could not see half the table.. steveo had changed the $EE mask to include all in one table.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    $6E is hex for the designation of the mask/definition. You should see that in the XDF file your using to adjust the bin.

MAF is using voltage to frequency... what it's doing is measuring air flow and calculating fuel based on the numbers in these tables.

Working with MAF in six tables is hard and IIRC there are differant multipliers for each table? I'm not well versed in $6E so can't help to much. But you adjust the MAF tables similar as a VE table to increase or decrease fueling needs. One thing about MAF is it has to be a very smooth transition/slope from end to end. Which is hard with changing tables. I think the reason they are split up is the limits of TunerPro, or what limits used to be, it would not scroll and could not see half the table.. steveo had changed the $EE mask to include all in one table.
    Its unlikely that it is $6E...Most likely $32 or $32B.

ok opened up all 6 maf tables and could not find any trace whatsoever with engine running. as far as the $6E I am not seeing that anywhere.

Data tracing may not be set up in your XDF. So what XDF are you using?

-= =-

according to the charts in tuner pro it says I should be and I am using 32B.xdf. There is no $ anywhere in that chart.
    Last edited by carcaper; 04-02-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Super Moderator
    I think the reason they are split up is the limits of TunerPro, or what limits used to be, it would not scroll and could not see half the table.. steveo had changed the $EE mask to include all in one table.
    not a tunerpro limitation.... ECM code limitation. GM chose to split it up into multiple smaller tables and use 8-bit values for all MAF applications except for 94-95 LT1, which used a single 16-bit table to move away from the need for scalars(and on later codes, scalars and offsets(even though oddly enough, offsets are 16-bit....)).

it could be patched to use a single 16-bit table, probably with little to no speed/size penalty, though i don't know of how much use it would actually be.

as for EE..... it has always been a single 16-bit table...... i really don't know who decided to split it up or why, but viewed as it is now is correct. there are certainly more extreme examples that i've come across, like the 60V6 MPFI code that has a 112 row table for helping control idle IAC operation, or the 255 row 60V6 SFI code for low pulsewidth injector offsets....
    Last edited by RobertISaar; 04-02-2014 at 01:15 AM.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

ok well I'm going to need some help setting up the definition parameter xdf info so that I can trace the table rows and columns. I'm in the the editor now and I need to know data type, stock units for rows and columns and any other settings that need to be adressed to trace. And if anyone at all has a clue on which maf tables of the 6 are going to be the most effective for correcting for a bigger cam and idle speed please share your experience because I am totally green to this. Thanks in advance.

I have read the forums for days, I have tried opening tables, I have tried different settings, I have data reading on gauges but cannot read trace on tables. And for that matter I cannot find the table to adjust the fuel map.
    1987 Chevy Camaro 5.7 TPI Auto using suggested definitions according to Tuner Pro Chart. What am I doing wrong. Please help!

A little HEX primer:

When it comes to conveying what type of base unit (Decimal, HEX, binary, Octal, etc) is being used for a particular value, some designator needs to be used.

In the case of HEX there are a few ways to show that the value is in HEX and not another base form. These ways are to include something before or after the value. There are two very common ways, and one of those ways is to use a dollar sign "$" just before the HEX value, to indicate that it is a HEX value. The other common way is to include a "0x" (zero + x), before the HEX value. So the value of HEX "6E" could be shown as $6E or 0x6E. A couple other ways is to use a subscript 16 after the number, but this is difficult to use on most forums, and using the letter "H" before the HEX value (i.e. "H6E"), but this is less common. I had one teacher who insisted on using the H designator, and I would constantly be trying to figure out the value of H. lol Hex is a 16 bit system that goes from 0 to 9 and then A to F, H doesn't have a value. ;)

It is important to properly identify the base being used, because $59 does not equal 59(octal) does not equal 59(decimal).

Since the identification of different codes used by GM are in HEX, most people use the dollar sign before the code designation when discussing this. It's easy and recognizable, and has become a sort of norm by the DIY GM tuning community.

As far as tuning a MAF system, I really can't help too much, since I haven't had much experience.

Just to make sure you have your ducks in a row, what equipment are you using to tune with? Are you doing the burn and swap method or are you using an emulator in place of the EPROM?

What other systems have you used?
    Last edited by Six_Shooter; 04-08-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.