Well we got the 3.4L running in the Vega last night and we were able to do a break-in. We did this by burning a chip. However, now we're trying to emulate in order to calibrate on the dyno next week. I followed the instructions for emulating in TunerPro and also referenced this http://support.moates.net/troublesho...apu1-autoprom/. But I've had no luck.

When I am connected laptop-ALDL, I can read values in real time when I'm not attempting to emulate. For example, before keying up, MAP reads 85 kpa. Once keyed up, I'm at a real value of 99 kpa. I'm connected; makes sense. Data is refreshing at only 0.8 Hz, but is refreshing nonetheless, when connected and emulating, I cannot connect. MAP reads 85 kpa. I have the Autoprom switch in the APU1 Mode. I followed the TunerPro help steps and was able to upload the bin and verify it. And TunerPro tells me that I'm emulating. There is no connection, no fuel when cranking, etc.

Beyond that, something very strange happened and showed me I truly am turned around. I was emulating in the state described above. I was connected laptop-ALDL but forgot to plug in laptop-Autoprom, cranked and it fired? What happened there? There was no chip in the ECU. The Autoprom was plugged in but with no chip in the zif socket. I'm not sure how it ran. Does it somehow acquire the emulation through the ALDL? Once again, when I connect laptop-Autoprom, it will NOT run.

I'll keep chipping away and breaking things trying to figure this out, but any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!