Thread: Turbo LT1 Tune

Turbo LT1 Tune

Customer here swaps LT1 engines into older Jags. This one got an LT1 with a turbo. It had a tune built by someone else for the 30# injector and what they called a turbo tune. Yeah...... It ran fine until you hit boost then it would knock and lean way out. I'm pretty sure it was maxing out the MAf, or would have.

I attached my tune, its not final because I want to look at it again once we hit 95 degree weather here.

I scaled it for a 2 bar map sensor, disabled the baro update, disabled MAF, and a bunch of other little things here and there... I have boost maxed at 6 psi for now or until I'm convinced it can handle more. You'll see in the VE table the fuel change once it hits boost and the regulator increases pressure. VE was all tuned with a wideband and a handy little lamda VE multiplier. I data logged everything in TunerPro and made changes there as well. I used Cats to flash and turn the Baro update off.

Take a look and let me know what you think. The car runs great!!! Under boost fuel increases to right about 11.7 @ 6 psi.

It was my first scaled tune on the EE platform, its was fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Skinny Pedal; 03-27-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for posting this. I may steal your spark tables to start off with. They look a little safe than what I was initially planning.
    J. Moen
    91 Camaro - NASA American Iron Road Racer #91 "The Menace", carb'd 350, FloTek heads, "because racecar"
    91 Camaro RS - '93 LT1 /T56 swap, 224/224, 60lb Siemens, garage ported heads, VS racing 78/75 turbo, Intercooled

Carb and Points!

Digging.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pedal View Post
    Customer here swaps LT1 engines into older Jags. This one got an LT1 with a turbo. It had a tune built by someone else for the 30# injector and what they called a turbo tune. Yeah...... It ran fine until you hit boost then it would knock and lean way out. I'm pretty sure it was maxing out the MAf, or would have.

I attached my tune, its not final because I want to look at it again once we hit 95 degree weather here.

I scaled it for a 2 bar map sensor, disabled the baro update, disabled MAF, and a bunch of other little things here and there... I have boost maxed at 6 psi for now or until I'm convinced it can handle more. You'll see in the VE table the fuel change once it hits boost and the regulator increases pressure. VE was all tuned with a wideband and a handy little lamda VE multiplier. I data logged everything in TunerPro and made changes there as well. I used Cats to flash and turn the Baro update off.

Take a look and let me know what you think. The car runs great!!! Under boost fuel increases to right about 11.7 @ 6 psi.

It was my first scaled tune on the EE platform, its was fun.
    Will your tune work with a Y-body? I'm procharged 8 psi. And what is your spark table like?

Carb and Points!
    I can't access the images anyway you can send me your tune..trying to get a good base line to start from '95 fbody 6 psi gt45 42lb inj.

Fuel Injected!
    He's posted the .bin file above in first post. You have to get the right definition files to go with it though, but I was able to view all that no problem.
    J. Moen
    91 Camaro - NASA American Iron Road Racer #91 "The Menace", carb'd 350, FloTek heads, "because racecar"
    91 Camaro RS - '93 LT1 /T56 swap, 224/224, 60lb Siemens, garage ported heads, VS racing 78/75 turbo, Intercooled

Carb and Points!
    i know this is a old threrad but does anyone know why he had pe enable set at 75% tps across the board