Thread: 9380717 PCM Tuning

Fuel Injected!

9380717 PCM Tuning

Does anyone(RobertISaar, resident V6 guru), know of any hardware/software that is compatible with these pcms and their counterparts? It's a 2000ish 3.1-3.4L pcm from a Malibu.

It seems from what Ive been able to find that most of the tuner kits, i.e. HPtuner, EFILive, etc, do not support these ecms. Not surprising considering the application. Would I be better served using a 7730/7727 for ease of tuning? Any suggestions, comment(sarcastic or not :)), is appreciated.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Super Moderator
    that's the part number of the PCM itself, which was shared across a few different applications, nearly every 60V6/3800 application in 2000.

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raf...num=9380717&ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=cch08i4odnkjghte2kv6mhq8b7

so, the PCM itself is supported if any of those are mentioned in a compatibility chart. the determining factor here is what OSID is it. some are better supported than others, some have no support at all. how to find out without having a BIN to look at, i don't know.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Hmm, maybe i missed it somewhere as to it being supported. According to actual vehicle application I didnt see any support. Maybe I'm just blind. Not a big issue, just wondering if I can tune this thing. Picked the car up for cheap needing a head job and just wanting to tune it up a tad. Until next time....

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Super Moderator
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E