Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: LT1/0411 PCM/Opti Delete

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I have read of attempts to make a new reluctor wheel for the Opti that had both the 1X and 24X signals in it. Basically, it's done by duplicating the 24X pattern twice around the wheel since the cam turns 1/2 revolution for each crank revolution. Then, I think just a level conversion to the PCM would be required. The rumour is that EFI Connection attempted this and it just didn't work right.

I've also read of attempts to use the Opti signals and convert them to the 1X and 24X signal patterns the '411 PCM needs.

But, I have never found any cases of running, driving, fully working success when attempting any of these.
    Bringing this back from the dead, as I was pondering. Making a CAD drawing of a revised optispark trigger wheel with the 24x or 58x crank and cam patterns is quite possible, and the optical sensor is an active component much as the LS CMP and CKPs are; anyone seen more info on WHY these output signals were not playing nice with the 0411 PCM?

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    ………… Few years from now you could probably buy an LS engine car or truck for $2-3000...
    I buy several from the local u-pullit lot complete without wiring and no ac compressor, $375 with a warranty. There are even days where you can get 15% off !
    ...we're all here for a short time, do it when they say to

Fuel Injected!
    Update - I did speak with the owner of Torqhead and he had real good reasons for not continuing to use the optispark in any form, though he didn't think what I proposed was beyond possible. EFI connection did not provide any information but given the quality of his products, I'm sure he chose not do use the trigger wheel for a valid reason.

I did get my first project car back on its feet yesterday; time to work on the next one, then I have time to play with this more.PXL_20210123_204803175.jpg