Thread: Dell tablet for tuning

Dell tablet for tuning

Well after much looking around at a tablet for diagnostic stuff and tuning I purchased a Dell Venue Pro 11Windows 8.1 with the intel processor and wireless card and bluetooth. It has one full size usb port that I used my tunercat cable with and I bought a Bluetooth mouse that makes it easy on any surface to move the cursor around. Attached is a picture of a benchtop flash on a 0411 also I have scan xl and dash command with a Bluetooth OBD link MX that has worked out well. I had a mifi unit that I carried around with my att service that im transferring to the tablet now I can browse download files or upload all in one deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What does one of those tablets cost? Is Tunerpro RT5 compatible with it to data log OBD1?
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Where's the keyboard?

I've still yet to try my touchscreen with tuning software on my Panisonic.

You know I would try one of them except for the Windows 8 part... have they ever fixed it with a desktop yet? When 8 came out I played with one at the store for about an hour and hatted it!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    the 8.1 update is supposed to have helped that..... but i still can't stand it.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Electronic Ignition!
    What are the odds? I'm planning on buying the 8" version very soon for a carputer build. Is it nippy like the reviews say?

It actually has the option for a bluetooth keyboard the keys are actually pretty large i paid $800 for it. Im getting used to the 8.1 its not bad actually

I have a Dell 8" also and it does not have a full size usb so i never even tried it.

Carb and Points!
    FWIW I use a Dell Latitude 10 tablet on my Holley HP EFI and it works great. I got a portable tablet mount that fits into a cup holder and it holds it pretty securely so it is readable.

That's cool, post some pics of the setup!

But please don't tune and drive! It's way worse then texting! I have my laptop setup on a RaM Mount and only use it as another dashboard, have several big dashboards made up for differant software so I can glance at values I am tuning. Always pull over to do more then that like your tuning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    No worries, I don't tune while driving. your setup looks good, mine is similar. We are presently out of town so a photo will have to wait until I get home next week.
    Last edited by Larry R; 03-24-2014 at 07:52 AM.