Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VATS Thread

Banned
    look at the light grey bar on the link

http://www.pdqforensics.com/learning.htm

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, Steve, the small part of my reply you quoted came from a paragraph describing the different 98 model year theft systems and the F-body was a BCM with a PWM signal and an output that controls the starter inhibit relay in '98.
    Last edited by lionelhutz; 03-28-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Banned
    All of the RWD vehicles are straight forward. The issue is with the FWD cars.

I feel that all of the VATS should be in one thread

Banned
    VTD CONFIGURATION Unitless Number Value This is used to activate the different VTD functionalities within the PCM.
    VTD FAIL ENABLED BYPASS Switch On or Off Enables or disables the theft Fail-Enabled mode. Thiscapability is required for export vehicles.
    VTD DIAG ENABLED Switch On or Off TRUE indicates the diagnostic is enabled and VTD failure is reported via Class 2.
    VTD BAD PASSWORD SHORTCARD Threshold to compare against the Bad Password Counter during certain decision states.
    VTD LEARNED ENOUGH SHORTCARD Threshold to compare against the Auto Learn Counter during Auto-Learn state.
    VTD LEARNED PASSWORD SHORTCARD Threshold to compare against the Identical Password Counter during Learn Password state.
    VTD DISABLE TIME Seconds Expiration time for the Fuel Disable Timer duringFuel Disable Lockout state.
    VTD AUTO LEARN Seconds_L Expiration time for the Auto Learn Timer duringAuto-Learn Pending state.
    VTD Class 2 INIT Seconds Expiration time for the PCM Class 2 Init Timer duringIgnition 1 Off and Powerup Transitions.
    VTD Class 2 AUTO LEARN Seconds_L Expiration time for the Class 2 Auto Learn Timer duringAuto-Learn and Auto-Learn Pending states.
    VTD PWM MAX ALLOWED FREQ Hertz Maximum allowable frequency for new vehicle antitheft pulse.
    VTD PWM MIN ALLOWED FREQ Hertz Minimum allowable frequency for new vehicle antitheft pulse.
    VTD PWM CONSEC READS to PASS SHORTCARD Number of consecutive good reads of pulse frequency requiredbefore setting VTD PWM Got Correct Frequency = TRUE.
    VTD PWM TIME TO FAIL ENABLE SHORTCARD Threshold of the number of bad reads of pulse frequency thatare allowed before setting the VTD Fail Enable flag.
    VTD PWM LO VOLTS LIMIT Volts
    VTD PWM LO VOLTS ADDTNL TIME Seconds Time added to VTD PWM Decision Point Time under low voltage conditions when deciding the fuel disable point.
    VTD TIME TO IGNITION OFF Seconds The amount of time the ignition is off before the VTD logic performs powerdown state transitions.
    VTD FUEL OFF TIME Seconds Expiration time for the Fuel Disable Timer during Fuel Disable Lockout state.
    VTD PWM SIGNAL SAMPLE PERIOD SHORTCARD Lower threshold of valid signal sample period when determining if a correct frequency has been received.
    VTD PWM VALID PULSE PERCENT Percent Lower threshold of valid pulse percent when determining if a correct frequency has been received.
    VTD TIME TO DISABLE POINT Seconds Initial expiration time for the VTD PWM Decision Point Timer when deciding the fuel disable point.
    VTD Class 2 NOT AN EXPORT VEHICLE Switch On or Off Used to turn On/Off the VTD Class 2 auto learning function.

Dirt old 512kb 0411 type VTD parameters from previous thread on disassembly of the code
    Last edited by Caleditor; 03-28-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Here is what I have documented with vehicles locally. The first number value is the default CATS value for Vats, the second column is what I changed it to. In ALL applications, the VATS Injector Disable time is set to 0. All these were done with passlock sensors wires cut or disconnected.

I did find on a particular 1998 Chevy Malibu 3.1L, that I was able to find a configuration that would allow engine to run with BCM fuse pulled. However, once BCM was again on the data bus, vehicle would start and die once the security light came back on. I found yet another configuration that allowed the engine to run with BCM plugged in, security failed, or unplugged.

1997 Pontiac GrandAm Passlock 1 2
    1997 Chevy Lumina 1 2
    1997 Buick LeSabre 1 2
    1997 Pontiac Bonneville 1 2
    1997 Olds88 PK I/II 1 2
    1999 Pontiac Bonneville PK I/II 1 2
    1998 Chevy Mailbu Passlock 0 1
    1999 Olds Alero Passlock 0 1
    2000 Pontiac Montana PK3 1 0
    2000 Pontiac GrandAm Passlock 1 0
    2001 Pontiac GrandAm Passlock 1 0
    2003 Pontiac GrandAm Passlock 1 0