Now that I have my bling MPI intake, I am ready to top it off with a throttle body. There was just no way I was gonna pay almost $500 for the (very nice) edelbrock unit that may have had tps and iac that might not work with the gm system.
So I was looking at my options.
1. remove the injector pod and use my current 454 tb.
I dont really want to do that. I would kinda like to be able to sell it to get back a little money.

2. Use a dodge tb found on every 5.2 and 5.9 magnum engines in trucks, durangos, and jeep grand cherokees. Its made by holley, has a compatable tps and iac, and 1.92 in throttle blades. (only a tiny hair smaller than my 454 tbi's 2in blades)
I picked up one at the pull a part and test fit it. The throttle lever is gonna hit the fuel rail, it would have to have a thick spacer to make it clear. And this intake is already a TALL one. I am afraid I will start running into hood clearance issues real fast if I dont be carefull!

3. Use a large single blade tb, such as the ones on the LSx engines.
Looking at them on ebay, seems the cable operated ones have a tps and a bolt on iac. Any chance these could be compatable with the 7427 pcm? Also anyone know what the bore of a stock one is? I find conflicting info from google. Some says 75mm, some say 78mm. What are their cfm ratings? Whatever I get, I want it to atleast equil the cfm of the twin 2in blade tb I have now. Anyone have any specs?

If I wanted a large single blade tb that equils what my current twin blade one flows, is it as simple as adding the two together (two 2in holes, equil one 4in hole? witch translates to 101.6mm?) Or is there more to it than that?