Thread: MPI throttle body options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Humm. Good info there. A few questions.
    So if the single blade tb has a significantly diffrent air flow, would that cause any negative diffrences in what tps % equils what airflow/map reading with what the 7427 might be expecting? Meaning, if I am reading it right, the single blade tb flows more air at a lower tps% than the twin blade tb. Would this make the 7427 go haywire because its expecting less air at that lower tps %? I have never worked on a vortec or LS engine, and they are still too new to be showing up at the local pull a part. Do you have any pictures of this pregressive linkage?
    So you saying a 75mm single blade tb gives more surface area/cfm than a twin 2in blade tb? Is 75mm the stock dia of the ls tb?

The other problem I was running into with the twin 2in blade tb, was that its slightly wider than my intake opening. If you look at the picture in my injector thread, you can see the opening and bolt pattern is not the standard square bore. I was gonna have to do some grinding to the sides of the opening to clear the blades. Not much, but about 1/4in or so per side. With it being a open pleninum, I dont think I would have any clearance issues with a single blade tb. I am starting to think it might be the easyest option right now.

What grand cherokee uses a 4bbl tb?? I have never see one, unless its on the new ones?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    What grand cherokee uses a 4bbl tb?? I have never see one, unless its on the new ones?
    It may have been the Dodge 2 barrel I was thinking of made by Holley... still think... IIRC there's a four barrel somewhere, may be wishful thinking and confused info.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-