Thread: Abe Froman "The Sausage King" Intro

Carb and Points!

Abe Froman "The Sausage King" Intro

Howdy, Y'all
    K, Pipin in.
    Need to finger out what else I need to whip up some inexpensive TBI stuff.
    The Hardware is straight forward. However, need to know what software... Im assuming TunerPro should suffice. but what else do I need,, cables. USB, emulators? uuhh???

Yup! You got it! But for the hardware it can have some changes so what ECM/PCM do you have? Moates is the place for everything.
    https://www.moates.net/

I saw your other post about it being a Flathead? Love to see some pictures?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    Well, Im actually pretty lucky, I have access to just about anything I need from a number of wrecking yards. The real need at the moment is I am attempting to cobble together a 55 ford f350 Dually as my Van Is using more transmission fluid than Gas! Its got a 361 industrial Ford FE, If your a Ford Guy then you already are familiar with these. I am eventually going to drop a Cummins in it but for now I need it on the road, I figure I would snag a TBI off of a GM;/Chevy Truck with a 5.7, wire it up, build an adapter plate for the two barrel and let it rip. Ill probably just run it as is if the tune is close enough which Im assuming it will be. I had to redo all the wiring on the truck anyway so I figured this would be a couple days of work with big returns as far as drivability, MPG, etc.. Ill convert the Distributor over to a DuraSpark2 or just use the top half of the GM Dizzy and mate to the ford bottom half/internals/gears/etc.... The most important thing for me is for variable timing/spark control. It doesn't seem to worth the time for any type of Fuel Injection Mods if I didn't include Variable Timing/Spark? Seems like I would be missing out? OH!, hey, just a thought, and I couldn't find the post I was looking for. It would be really cool to grab three small TBI';s and have yourself a Six Pack using the various manifolds that are available for the flatheads. I haven't got around to doing this yet, my next flathead project is about six months out. I have one more complete motor and this will be the next go around I want to do. I may attempt this with my 361 as a test bed. 2 fours config, but I would prefer to attempt the 3 deuces. I was thinking I would start with Tuner Pro, I paid to register it. I'm also a Web Dev so I know what its like to bust out code and not get paid... Mark has done an impressive amount of work, Hardware I was hoping to get an APU1 from Moates, but looks like there not available until the end of the month? I think this comes with everything I need from start to finish for the early to mid GM stuff.