Thread: Thanks EagleMark!

Thanks EagleMark!

I have a 1995 chevy k1500 with a 5.7 and 4l60e.
    in june i started installing my new motor. a Gm 350hd vortec creat motor. i had a gmpp zz4 cam put in and the cam is advanced. the motor has a 46mm bored tbi and stock 350 injectors at 18psi in a afpr with a 96 k1500 fuel pump. the truck has a set of shorty headers and with a 2.5" mandrel bent y pipe with no cat feeding a summit racing 3" cat back system.

now onto my issue. i bought a custom TBI chip for the truck from TBIchips.com (i know) in hopes it would be good on the first chip. i am now on the second chip and the problem is the same. the truck idles good but when you go wot below 2000rpm it bogs to about 100-200rpm and has a 2 sec delay then starts to pull. i have sent brian 2 data logs and he said he doesn't really see anything wrong. he told me he made an adjustment to the only thing he seen wrong but that just made it worse.

here are the 2 logs i sent him. the first is with 2 bad plugs and the second is with all new plugs. the files a from tts datamaster 0D.

EDIT: See results of a good TBI Chip tune in post 54
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post24788
    Attached Files Attached Files

i take it that thread about my chip?

yep ug ha sounds good. jk.

should i ad more fuel psi to get rid of the lean at wot?

ya it is not crisp that i what i was talking about with the hesitation at low acceleration.

yes i am using the stock memcal on the g1

it drive good, much better then the other chips. the only thing i noted was the hesitation and the tcc locking up a little soon. seems to have alot better low end.

ok i got the newest chip from eagle installed . he made some adjustments to the shift tables. holly crap. it woke the truck up. i can tell now that i was loosin power not using the higher rpm. he is doing an awsome job getting this truck tuned in.

I knew you would like that!

Sorry we had to wait on the transmission changes while disling in the motor. I was scared your brand new tranny might have had issues driving it with the 1994 chip from TBIChips.com in a 1995 transmission. Glad the inspection came out OK.

EDIT: View the entire thread of issues Kingcat400 had before I did the tune!
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ble-truck-soon

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-