Thread: HI, trying to communicate with 7749

Fuel Injected!

HI, trying to communicate with 7749

Hey everyone, new here. Years ago I was into tuning and had an ostrich setup on a small block s10 blazer running 7477, eventually converted to a 7427 ecm which was so much better. Eventually ditched the efi scene unfortunately until recently. Just got done putting an 89 turbo 2.0 setup in a 94 sunbird daily I have. Its of course running the 7749 ecm.

Ran all the aldl wires today. Bought a brand new laptop (first question, is windows 8 very compatable with any of this stuff?) Found my Xtreme ALDL usb cable (unfortunately couldn't find my ostrich so I ordered a new one which will probably turn up the day I get the new one lol.

Downloaded Tunerpro RT, found this thread: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...information-58 Which doesn't have a link to the to an adx file, so I got the ads and converted it to adx and loaded it into tunerpro (is that right?) Loaded bin, and xdf, hook it all up and nothing.

Hooked a snap on solus pro and it communicates just fine with the car and displays data. so the car side is fine.

Im new to windows 8 so Im thinking the computer may not have the usb cable reconized? Its recognized and chimes when I plug it in, but... I downloaded the usb driver from moates site but wasn't even sure how to use it, don't know if its even compatable with win 8 or even works. Acted like It didn't even install properly.

Any heads up on what I should be checking for for starters?

Pretty sad I know that I cant even get it datalogging lol. Have to re-learn everything I knew in the past. Im just so excited to be using a wideband this go around, and get my hands on code59.

Right now tho, all I want to do is datalog until I get my new ostrich in along with a new turbo and intercooler.

Thanks - Chad

It'll all come back to you, not been gone that long.

The cable issue is something new though, check out this thread and links. Or just note the Driver for FDTI. It's probably the non communacation issue!
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...to-TunerPro-RT

Welcome back!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Not exactly the same setup as you, but my desktop has windows 8 and I have used tunerproRT and my autoprom with it to burn some chips just fine. I never did anything but plug the autoprom in, let the computer do something (was some type of a progress bar) and then started tunerpro. It reconized the autoprom right away.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    Sweet! Did just what you said minus the driver change, wanted to see if the 2.08.30 would work, and everything is good now. Thanks a bunch!