Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the trade looking forward to tuning some GM efi transplants onto some I.H.'s

Electronic Ignition!

New to the trade looking forward to tuning some GM efi transplants onto some I.H.'s

I am going to try and setup some proms to work on a GM throttle body setup added to an older International Harvester Scout. I'm going to be using the ecm 0227747 for the setup. the basic setup runs the truck but has some things that need to be adj. the cold start, a few code popping up etc. Any suggestions to start out would help me alot I have tunerpro rt and a scanner also a chip burner "PCB6.0E KEE Willem EPROM Burner"

I would suggest getting up to speed to TunerPro RT http://tunerpro.net/downloadApp.htm (suggested $39 donation) for data logging. The price of ALDL cables vary, but usually less than $60.

Post the data logs and .bin file your using and we can suggest changes.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Hey i have access to either a vetronix mastertech scanner or a tech one will tunerpro rt interface with either of them for data logging?

I've never seen that done and doubt it very much.

Here's a link for cable:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...uy-ALDL-Cables!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by autoekim View Post
    Hey i have access to either a vetronix mastertech scanner or a tech one will tunerpro rt interface with either of them for data logging?
    Unfortunately, No. TunerPro RT is software for a Laptop computer. The ALDL cable is connected the Laptop USB port on one end of the cable and the other end of the ALDL cable is connected to the same diagnostic port in the vehicle that a scanner would be plugged into.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Well i just figured out how to read the chip out of a junk ecm 92 s10 blazer 16144288 ecm and got it and the correct xdf file and was able to read it so hopefully I'm on my way. Had some troubles getting my eprom burner to see the chip because i was unsure of what type it was there are no numbers accept a 32 in the part number on the chip which aparently is a 2732a chip as i identified as the one on this forum. then i was missing 1 jumper on my eprom burner, once i got that all figured out it read the chip. how long and how much ultraviolet light do i need to erase the chip?

I go about 20 minutes to erase a chip. Many 1990 and newer chips are 2732b, which burn at 12.5 volts.

dave w
    Last edited by dave w; 03-23-2014 at 04:59 PM.

My UV eraser has a timer and it's been set to 18 minutes... forever. Well since I found that you can over erase and the chip is worthless. So as little as possible.

You can also buy new ST 2732a chips from Hong Kong off eBay. They handle erase way better then the stock GM chips.

-= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    Ty for the reply!

Electronic Ignition!
    Another question could a cardaq+ be used for data logging on a obd1 system?

Any scntool can help you get data for tuning. The Scandaq is awful expensive so haven't seen it used.

The benefit of TunerPro RT software for tuning is, it is a tuners software tool, the data can be put into history tables and used however you want. Can also set up data tracing so when looking over a log you know exactly where you are in the bin/chip to make adjustments. Half of TP is for adjusting bin/chip and the other half is Data and they work together.

-= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    Ok i found out from drew tech that the cardaq+ will not work.

Electronic Ignition!
    Ok i have the vehicle now it has a stock gm "anlw" bin out of a 1227747 ecm. I have driven it a little bit it is kinda dicey driving it as it has expired tags, it wont pass state emissions test.
    I did record the data and have a tunerpro log file I have attached both in this post. could someone look at them and give me some direction on this. I have read and reread the forums here but I just would like some first time help to get a solid understanding of what i am doing.

The vehicle is a 1975 scout 2 with a 345 v8 it has been converted over to a gm tbi setup but at the moment does not have timing controlled by ecm.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by autoekim View Post
    Ok i have the vehicle now it has a stock gm "anlw" bin out of a 1227747 ecm. I have driven it a little bit it is kinda dicey driving it as it has expired tags, it wont pass state emissions test.
    I did record the data and have a tunerpro log file I have attached both in this post. could someone look at them and give me some direction on this. I have read and reread the forums here but I just would like some first time help to get a solid understanding of what i am doing.

The vehicle is a 1975 scout 2 with a 345 v8 it has been converted over to a gm tbi setup but at the moment does not have timing controlled by ecm.
    What I saw, was several lean BLM's. I made a few changes to the VE table to correct the lean BLM's.

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

ANLW was superseded to ASDU... so maybe start with the updated chip?

-= =-