Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: help vortec 350 tbi programming

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Haven't seen anyone get the simulated signal (Lambda) work right, seems to throw everything off. Better off tuning Open Loop off the WB or my favorite on a mild motor is still run the NB too!
    I ALWAYS used simulated narrow band on my OBD1 stuff. From the time I had a wideband, I ditched the narrowband and put the wideband in its place.

Well I can get my LC-1 programmmed to work for awile but soon it throws an error code... can't get cross counts out of it.

So what WB you have that works and what did you do to program it?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Well I can get my LC-1 programmmed to work for awile but soon it throws an error code... can't get cross counts out of it.

So what WB you have that works and what did you do to program it?
    PLX out of the box and all I did was change the proportional gains and durations to help compensate for the quicker o2 readings. Also you can adjust the target 02 voltage to match where you want your air/fuel ratio to fall. I had controlled amd maintained closed loop afr values from 14:1 at idle, 16:1 at light throttle to 13:1 at heavy part throttle, in closed loop.

Haven't seen anyone get the simulated signal (Lambda) work right, seems to throw everything off. Better off tuning Open Loop off the WB or my favorite on a mild motor is still run the NB too!
    My mtx-l seems to work great with the simulated signal. for many days at least.

but now a new problem has risen. I had lots of tire ripping power for days after wideband ae adjustment. Then all of a sudden if it gets hot past 200 degrees it starts surging and running lean with bursts of richness(surging) changed injectors and a new tbi kit new fuel pump and filter again.(only tbi kit and filter had to be bought)

heres two tunerpro logs to show. it didnt do it until the end on the "to oreilly log".
    Attached Files Attached Files

made an open loop tune. runs great, going to tune on that for a while. so its definetely a closed loop thing. might be the o2 sensor simulator confusing things. I'll have the shop throw my new o2 bung in there and get a new heated o2 sensor, then I'll know for sure if the wideband is messing with it.

I just have been watching the wideband and adjusting fuel to that. got it around 14.7:1 - 15.3:1 while driving, still sdjusting idle fuel, changed PE and highway lean to kik in when i want. all seems to get me around with power and the fuel ratios i want. at least til i get the new heated o2 bung in.

I've been thinking, fuel with 10% Ethanol has a Stoichiometric AFR of about 14.2 : 1.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

can someone point me towards a good wideband tuning AE post or thread?
    i got my bungs in now for both narrow and wideband, tuned to the wideband and the thing rips tires, but then a few minutes later it will seem lean again on pedal smash.then back to ripping tires and then back to lean again. blms are great and getting good gas mileage(for what it is) and it drives great, but i do not like smashing the pedal from a stop and having a 50 percent chance of it peeling out or sputtering out of the hole.