Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: help vortec 350 tbi programming

Just wanted to see you write that again because I saw on another thread the other way around. Wasn't sure if you "typoed" but thanks for the reply

Edit- what do you mean not helping much past AE

Quote Originally Posted by tamperedchevy View Post
    Just wanted to see you write that again because I saw on another thread the other way around. Wasn't sure if you "typoed" but thanks for the reply

I think Mark is still recuperating from his recent surgery.

dave

Brain is still not ready to help much past AE.

So did I leave a typo somewhere that needs to be fixed?

Differant masks may have differant ways of commanding AE, there may be more, less, same?

But
    AE TPS = short.
    MAP TPS = Long. is correct.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

No you did not make a typo, that was just a verification question.

another question for anyone. would i be abe to get a screenshot or numbers to make this graph i attached, i would like to see some curves to compare mine to. ah yes, and one of the map-AE would be great. Im wondering if curves shoot up more toward the end or a steady climb would works best.

I'm wanting to get this AE just slightly close so i can have fun still while headed toward getting that wideband(which is a ways down the road) as ive also traded my choppy for a 69 manx beach buggy project and im juggling between the two since the truck is almost complete, besides the painting a this tune.

and also from what im experiences the MAP-AE that carries the extra fuel through should be less than the TPS-AE, am i correct in this?

and mark, sounds like it was a crazy surgery, hope it brushes off not so bad.

edit/ posted the wrong pic first, dont know how to delete that one, but the example one is the AE one that is my current one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tamperedchevy; 05-02-2014 at 04:36 AM.

I experimented with changing the curve and didn't really notice much difference, but maybe the rest of my tune wasn't close enough yet. I did have a fuel pressure fluctuation problem that is now resolved. Currently i'm using the stock curve with actually 20% less across the curve TPS AE. Once I got more than enough fuel the stock numbers were surprisingly too much. Without the wide band it might be tough to see if the hesitation is rich or lean.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

thanks alot brian, I was wondering if anyone had to go below the stock AE, and yes it is hard to tell if its a rich or lean hesitation.

scenario- sitting at stop sign, i mash the peddal it hesitates, I keep it mashed and it continues til it dies. then its hard to start, because its flooded(thats what it feels like)

I've been starting with the stock AE and moving up from there. I'm gonna start with less than stock and see where it takes me.

Also, another question for someone. i unplug the battery every time i change the chip, do i have to wait for it to learn before I see my changes from my prom?I know the VE tables show the changes right away. what about the AE, are those changes immediate?

Make 10% or 20% changes at a time, learned that the hard way lol. Had mine so pig rich on AE TPS that it would stall and hard start like your describing too.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

dang now my o2 sensors going out. well guess ill just get a wideband o2. is there one that i can put in in place of mine? that my ecm will read?

I also think it may be a spark problem on that hesitation, i changed it before the o2 sensor went downhill and it helped alot. my low rpm WOT spark was to high i believe and my idle spark to low, but itll have to wait til the wideband comes in. does that SLC DIY 7 sound good? it says it has narrowband simulator for the ecm

Fuel Injected!
    Which Vortec heads are you using that have 185cc intake ports? CPP Vortec Bowtie Smallports? I hear these heads work well in the largeport 225cc runner volume, not much info about teh small port 185cc units.

peace
    Hog

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    Which Vortec heads are you using that have 185cc intake ports? CPP Vortec Bowtie Smallports? I hear these heads work well in the largeport 225cc runner volume, not much info about teh small port 185cc units.

peace
    Hog
    I used the large port ones on a race motor, based on ET and mph, the engine made about 542hp. not bad for a 350.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post

peace
    Hog
    I looked at many different options and after lots of searches and builds that had been dyno'd, I chose the Edebrock ETec170s. Slapped them on untouched out of the box, onto my 350 with a .028" compressed head gasket. The factory L31 pistons were about .020" in the hole. I know I sacrificed a little quench for a better seal with the thicker multi layer gasket. I could not be happier with the way it is running, other than my 17 year old, 85K mile GM fuel pump is currently maxed at 5,000 rpm.

finally got a wideband 02 sensor. its the innovate mtx-l. seemed great, got rid of the hesitation in just a few runs and it was a beast. but now everything is acting weird.
    just to check,.. I hooked it to the lambda analog wire for it to signal the computer. my7747 comp does use lambda correct? the other analog wire it came with is 0volts=7.35 afr and 5v=22.39 and of course the lambda analog is 1.1=14afr and .1v=15afr. thats what the book that came with it said so i hooked it to the lambda one, as it seemed to run what looked right to me on the laptops sensor projections. Is this correct using the lambda analog wire?

Haven't seen anyone get the simulated signal (Lambda) work right, seems to throw everything off. Better off tuning Open Loop off the WB or my favorite on a mild motor is still run the NB too!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-