Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: help vortec 350 tbi programming

hahaha tbi chips.com. i thought i could just use his chip as a starter chip and adjust from there i was hoping just his fueling was off. almost seems better off just throwing that one away.
    I seen two spots to shut egr off in tunerpro definitions so i set both of them the way it said to disable it.

Ill get a log on here tomorrow for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tamperedchevy View Post
    hahaha tbi chips.com. i thought i could just use his chip as a starter chip and adjust from there i was hoping just his fueling was off. almost seems better off just throwing that one away.
    I seen two spots to shut egr off in tunerpro definitions so i set both of them the way it said to disable it.

Ill get a log on here tomorrow for sure.
    I have been there!

hahaha tbi chips.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLG355 View Post
    I have been there!
    Unfortunately we see a lot of you guys here! Wish we could see you first rather then last...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

well everybody would rather pay 270 than 550. but then just pay over 550 trying to figure out your. Tbichips chip is junk.

i Messed up a few things on that chip the other night when i was half asleep. i changed something wrong besides the map AE and my idle started jumping around like crazy. so i used my VE tables made up and took the spark from his chip because it works better than the stock setup.

heres the bin(ARJT adjusted) and some logs:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tamperedchevy; 03-19-2014 at 05:50 AM.

I only charge half that to tune and have done a lot of re-tunes to tbichips.com... it's be a lot easier on me if they came here first and I did not have to deal with pissed off skeptical people from the start.

-= =-

Did you save the data log from TunerPro in .xdl format so we can use it in TunerPro RT? I don't do WinALDL logs, just does not show me what I need, well it's half of what you need in a much harder to figure out format.

-= =-

Did I seem pissed off?

Tunerpro datalogs?

Did I seem pissed off?
    No. That was a general statement and was not referring to you... But some get really mad when I re-tune them and they run right...

Yeah TunerPro RT logs. Are you still using WinALDL? Get TunerPro RT from:
    http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadApp.htm
    It's free to use and you should donate the suggested $39. so he keeps interest in making updates. This software does the tuning and Data logging and so many things together. Even burn your chip to Moates Burn 2, or Emulate with Auoprom and Ostrich, does other Ford and Nissian stuff too! Just like the $800+ OBDII tuning software.

Then get the ADX file to datalog your ECM, you need $42-1227747-V5.2.adx here:http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

Have you read the tutorial?
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-a-must-read!-)

Cable installation:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...to-TunerPro-RT

-= =-

Tunerpro datalogs?
    Attached is a TunerPro RT data log from a '7747 ECM. TunerPro RT ... The BEST DATA LOGGING SOFTWARE ON PLANET EARTH! http://tunerpro.net/downloadApp.htm

I counted ... only 15 mouse clicks to get TunerPro RT functional.

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looked at your antique data logs. When doing logs for adjusting the Fueling VE tables you want an engine warmed up. Your log only got to 170*f IIRC. At your warmest point your pretty rich all over.

Also knock counts just keep going? Do you have the knock sensor and ESC wired in? Hope that's not all knock...

-= =-

i dont want to pay someone to do this. I want to learn it myself so i can change later with more/less mods engine swap or whatever i do.
    it seems so hard to get answers...like pulling teeth. I've read everything i can find. FSC, gearhead, third gen, diyefi,and many other places.

is there any good AE tuning,Ive really only found one good thread to help with this.
    my understanding is (Example) if i double both AE tables(tps and Map) I should cut AE-CTS in half.
    Is there more to this or do i just keep playing with these three tables?

Also is there an order to do things. heres how i assume it should be done in list form
    sart with
    BPW-
    VE tables-added them together for tuning then split them back up when close
    Spark- added warm bias in to tune then tookit back out no knocks as of now
    AE?- this one seems to be the hardest so far not sure what to do here
    PE-can i lower this delay to essentially replace AE? like bring rpm threshold down?
    dont know what comes next.

Also while playing with AE i ended up with a rough idle.smooth when really cold smooth when hot(above 170) and rough when its almost warm? any ideas

I am on the laptop everyday(literally) everyday constantly searching forums and burning chips doing many calculations using the most of my knowledge and how things work to get this done. doing this in the morning before work, during my breaks, after work to before i go to bed for over two months. and I am NOT exaggerating. It makes me want to sell my truck (that has been my dream truck since i was a little kid) or get a carburator, or other unspeakable things. I really want to keep the tbi system because its the stock system and i feel better fuel mileage can be acheived with it.

Fuel Injected!
    Getting upset won't help you. If you have endless time for this project, you will probably figure it out. If you require it to be completed sooner rather than later, retaining the services of a professional tuner becomes a reasonable option.

I went from carbs to flash memory systems (OBD2) - never bothered with chip systems - so I am not trying to sell you anything, merely offering a voice of reason.

Learning how to tune takes a great deal of time and effort. Learning how to tune well, takes even more of both. I own just about every book ever published, with respect to OBD2 systems and tuning, and have invested thousands of hours in developing competency.

You don't become a decent tuner overnight. Some never get that far.

i dont want to pay someone to do this. I want to learn it myself so i can change later with more/less mods engine swap or whatever i do.
    it seems so hard to get answers...like pulling teeth.
    I gave you answers! Get your data logs in TunerPro RT, Also told you how to data log properly with warmed up engine, questioned all your knock counts and that is where we left off... never heard anything back? So what's this pulling teeth crap about?

Maybe one question at a time and we can go over them to learn? You don't think your going to master this overnight do you? Each area you tune is a process. Your order of things seems correct. I don't know where to send you on AE? Do you have an AE problem? The correct way to tune AE is with a Wide Band O2 sensor... but driving it and noticing feedback from the butt dyno works and what most guys do.

Not sure where you got cutting AE CTS in half from? That's not something I normally touch.

AE should not have any effect on idle. If your fueling is off far enough to cause AE at idle? Well it's a Fuel VE issue, not AE.

There's usually 2 AE settings in each mask/definition.
    1. AE TPS which is more fuel to compensate for throttle blades opening. This is a very short amount of AE.
    2. AE MAP This is a longer amount of extra fuel to finish the transition.

AE and PE are two differant things. If your tune is pig rich then you won't notice AE being short because of all the extra fuel.

Not sure why you added Warm Spark Bias to spark advance? Maybe you need some more learning of what the bias does. In the masks that have a lot of work done to them, the bias is already compensated in Spark Advance table. Meaning what you see is actual Spark Advance. Others that have not had this feature included shows a spark advance off by the amount of bias.

I've read everything i can find. FSC, gearhead, third gen, diyefi,and many other places.

I am on the laptop everyday(literally) everyday constantly searching forums and burning chips doing many calculations using the most of my knowledge and how things work to get this done. doing this in the morning before work, during my breaks, after work to before i go to bed for over two months. and I am NOT exaggerating. It makes me want to sell my truck (that has been my dream truck since i was a little kid) or get a carburator, or other unspeakable things. I really want to keep the tbi system because its the stock system and i feel better fuel mileage can be acheived with it.
    Well your doing what we have all done, then apply what we learn, test and see how it does, rinse and repeat all you think you have learned a few hundred times... moving one thing may effect another and you don't catch it right away, so now you've made several changes and have no idea what you did wrong? Back to your stock bin and start over.

The learning process never ends! After a few hundred tunes and years of studying and applying you think you know it all? Nope, you never stop learning!

When I have nothing to do I still want to learn and practice what I know. So I'll through a stock bin in a vehicle and tune it while I drive that day. Then compare it to the last one that data shows it as perfect and I have no complaints of anything and see how close I was...

-= =-

I use data ... for tuning. I thing the more you know about what the engine is doing (data), the better the tune. To me data is a tool. I'm 100% on board with TunerPro RT, which provides excellent data. The attached screen shots show how I use the TunerPro RT data log, and exported log file to tune AE. In my thinking, the only accurate way to adjust AE is with a Wide Band O2 sensor (WBO2). The screen shots show when AE is active, and the WBO2 reading. Hands Down ... Flat Out its the best way to Tune AE!

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm upset??