With these upgrades:
    -vortec heads 185cc runners 2.02 valves
    -Comp cams nostalgia 211/218exh. Duration@.50
    420/426int lift
    -Trick flow chromoly 7.75" pushrods
    -Scorpion narrow body 1.5 full roller rockers
    -Longtube headers to 2.5 duals,x-over, no cats
    -Extreme EFI 50mm TBI
    -Dual plane high rise air gap intake(summit)
    -New stock injectors with 18psi
    -3 wire o2 sensor
    -No egr
    -Custom starter chip

I have moates stand alone software to burn, tunerpro to adjust and winaldl to log. Burn2 unit and g2 adapter to use the better chips.

My idle BLM is 80. From 90 to115 while driving. And I have a bad hesitation after it warms up but only from a low rpm or stopped throttle smash. 21" vacuum but the cam is only .20 over stock(does this sound good?) no vacuum leaks unless it's in the brake booster.

I lowered my BPW by 30 and in Egr. From.71 to. 52 off someone's recommendation. It didn't do much of anything is there somewhere else to adjust this. Where should I go from here?

Timing is at 4* advanced with that spark wire unplugged
    I've read lots online on this but after weeks learning and days logging and programming I figure I need to figure this out. So here I am
    Last edited by tamperedchevy; 03-12-2014 at 05:42 AM.

Sounds like you have a good start on equipment!

What ECM/PCM? Mask ID?

No reason to run ancient WinALDL when you already have TunerPro RT, it will do a more detailed data log.

Not sure who told you to change BPW in EGR? You don't even have EGR? Make sure you have disabled the EGR properly in the bin because there is no data in $42 to tell if it's on or off... but still changes fuel and spark when it thinks it's on.

First thing I'd do is search the site for the Vortec Head timing tables Dave W did for us in a spreadsheet and get it in your bin. With that and maybe a few more degrees at idle area, you don't need the extra 4* at distributor.

Here's a greaqt writeup on how to adjust your fueling from BLM data.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...E2-Fuel-Tables

21" of vacuum is great at idle! The hesitation is due to the Vortec headsw as well, will get better with proper advance but still needs sometimes 200% more AE to get rid of the hesitation when accelerating.

That should get you going...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

7747 $42
    So is the're only one place adjust bpw? It was 135 I dropped.it down to 108 using the spreadsheet calc. Dave w.
    And I have the spreadsheet for blm ve table corrections. Is it time for that. I don't like my idle having 80 for blm. Thought I should. Fix this b4 I move to ve corrections.

Good thread link. I forgot about that one. I've read so Many.
    Ok. This is my game plan
    I'll add my ve2 to ve1 put them 30-95 then go for a long log tomorrow and adjust my blm with the VE corrections spreadsheet add them in smooth out my table and go for another long log. Sound good? It's on unless it doesn't sound good
    Last edited by tamperedchevy; 03-28-2014 at 05:14 AM.

Yes there is only one setting for the BPW/BPC in $42. It's calcualted by fuel pressure and injectro size.

There's a lot of controversy on it's use in tuning and can be fudged a bit. But it is a set it and forget it calibration number that goes into the bin and is now part of the fueling calculation.

A lower number does come out to be leaner.

Here's a recent quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Everything you've read and stated is true. But you can set up a stock 5.7L to run 22 PSI with these calculations and it will run just the same, no added fuel? When BPW/BPC number gets lower it will fire Sync fueling to higher RPM without going static/100% IDC. Like BPW of 135 goes static at about 3600 RPM.., this is why Cop Cars had bigger injectors and lower BPW... but with a WB on it's still getting enough fuel to keep AFR to 5000 RPM because it goes Async fueling and the calculation changes.

Want my secret information for tuning with higher pressure after I learned and figured out all this stuff? Just raise pressure, leave settings alone and you will have more fuel available and tune VE!
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-fuel-pressure

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Yes there is only one setting for the BPW/BPC in $42. It's calcualted by fuel pressure and injectro size.

There's a lot of controversy on it's use in tuning and can be fudged a bit. But it is a set it and forget it calibration number that goes into the bin and is now part of the fueling calculation.

A lower number does come out to be leaner.

Here's a recent quote:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-fuel-pressure

Actually if you are using EGR there is a whole table for BPC in $42.

That being said I would set the ignition timing at the distributor to 10* BTDC and set the initial constant in the .bin to 10* BTDC. This will help a cammed/vortec head engine start easier and run better if it ever goes into limp home mode.

Alright, got my blm around 110-130, got some fine tuning still but was wondering, when should I do AE? And what do I move to next? Spark tables? Maybe can I get a list of things to do in order. That could help other noobs like myself. Like when to do AE, PE or when to do spark tables and I guess hiway lean cruise would be last?

And I'll throw a log and some blm data up here in a couple days so I can get a few more eyes on it for approval to make me feel better lol
    Last edited by tamperedchevy; 03-12-2014 at 04:53 AM.

Haven't got around to a log yet but my blm are around 117 for the neutral idle 135 for gear idle and between 122-130 for all other driving. I'd say that's nice.

It is and no reason to go nuts trying to get numbers absolute! They will just change with weather, temp, humidity etc... The magic of EFI working it's wonders...

You can dial it in further if you want but won't notice a difference. It's well within the ballpark, actually infield! When fueling is that close the only thing I like to do is visually check VE fueling table for smoothness. Then a final data log in case the smoothing was out of line somewhere?

Smoothing does not have to end up perfect. But it should not have any big dips, spikes etc... remember the number in the cell is interpolated with all surrounding numbers to come up with what ECM finally uses. These old ECM are slow enough that I don't want it to have to work real hard at math.

Have you seen this?
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...E2-Fuel-Tables

-= =-

They looked good yesterday but I gave em one last adjustment now they look great! And yes I did see that post and added them together. Lows are 30's high is 92 on the VE.

Looking at the two AE tables on this thread at the second post, Dave has two tables up. His AE-tps table his goes to 50 percent tps mine only goe to 25 percent. If I used his tables as a starting point do I use his numbers up to the 25 percent tps-usec?

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...=tables+vortec

Is there any good AE threads out there?

i used the map and tps AE tables dave w posted in the second here http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...=tables+vortec and it made my hesitation better. right after i did althought it ran better it died once when i put it in gear.

going back to VE tables. i had big ve spikes to keep my idle in the right spot. and with a huge upward spike and a huge lower spike and it was still rick in neutral and lean in gear. so i redid the tables. man are they annoying. if i do a run and correct the table it just turns into a spike pit. maybe it was a bad day to drive. I want a carburator. could my spark tables be messing with me. Im not sure whrn i should tune this

accidently deleted log so ill make another tomorrow
    can anyone see if this bins spark looks weird.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tamperedchevy; 03-18-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Your spark advance table does not look weird. But IMO that's way to much spark for your engine in a truck and if you add up spark, PE and adders you've got about 40* at WOT? But not enough spark advance at idle and the area you flattened probably does not match where your idling with that cam. Need to see a data log to check this and other things.

In your first post you had a Custom Starter Chip, shouldn't they be helping you?

Need at least another 100 RPM for idle for now.

Also said no EGR? The EGR patch is not done and I don't think it's off the way you set it up?.

There's a mistake in your MAP AE.

Also several Parameters for an engine build like this need some adjustment and I'm not sure why you changed some things?

Let's see a data log to see how your really doing!

-= =-