Thread: Question on a thread

Fuel Injected!

Question on a thread

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-61

On this thread and this post: $61 Hac Disassembly 1228746

Is that what I think it is? Namely, someone's disassembled the 1228746 ECU and gotten it's programming? Not the Calibration data, but the part of the ecm that uses the calibration data? I see it says 350, is there data on a 305 1228746 ecm? Mine TransAm is an 89 which is what I'm going to work on. I got the AXKT 89 F-car 5.0TBI 700r4 with 2.73 gears.BIN already, I just need the ECM's programming so I can work from there. Thanks!

Joe

That's what it is. In that same thread should be a .XDF file which is the Mask you use with TunerPro RT software and make changes to your AXKT .bin file. Burn new chip and go!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

You are going to need the motorola pink book and a lot of time getting to know the code. I assume you are comfortable with assembly language. I took 3 months just formatting the code for my truck and getting comfortable with a high level view of what is happening. That was just to get a hint at how it works. I have been staring at the code for my truck for almost 5 years (off and on) to begin to understand some of the details. You have chosen a fairly ambitious project, some of which might be very difficult with that ecm. Read lots of threads on this forum, that will help.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Fuel Injected!
    Cool, thank you! Lol I already got that software and the cal data from that page on my car's original configuration.

Tiz a safe bet that all of the engine size/car information is in the Cal Data chip I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
    You are going to need the motorola pink book and a lot of time getting to know the code. I assume you are comfortable with assembly language. I took 3 months just formatting the code for my truck and getting comfortable with a high level view of what is happening. That was just to get a hint at how it works. I have been staring at the code for my truck for almost 5 years (off and on) to begin to understand some of the details. You have chosen a fairly ambitious project, some of which might be very difficult with that ecm. Read lots of threads on this forum, that will help.
    It's been awhile since I've done it. I learned some in collage in 99, but got tired of computers so I just finished that quarter, but I am trying to get into relearning
    assembly code, I'm learning it on the chip I plan on using on my project. I've already found some information on that book and the IC chip. I'll keep looking up everything that I can find. Tiz the only way to learn. Thanks for the help.

I choose to do this to be different...........Ok that's only part of it.............and trying to get my 305 TBI to keep up with a 4th Gen F-Body w/LS1. LOL

Joe

Fuel Injected!
    Just a question further on the start of my project. I assume that someone here probly knows the math & such that the ECM uses to run the car, other then the Cal Data of course. I'm soo confused on that code that I just not getting anyplace yet. I've been talking to a friend of mine who does coding and he's not really able to provide much help on it. He didn't care for the language, so thought I'd ask about the math, formulas & such that it uses and try & work from there. Thanks.

Joe
    ~1989 Pontiac TransAm, 305 TBI
    ~1995 Chevy K3500 Dually, 6.5L HO Turbo Diesel

Fuel Injected!
    Has anyone seen this site before? http://www.diy-efi.org/ I got the GM ECM section and found this page http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/ecm_info/1227747/ Now I saw it has math & other info. Does anyone happen to know if that's all the math the ECM does along with the Cal Data? I've had no luck trying to decode the info on the $61 Hac Disassembly. I've shown it to a friend who does programing and he couldn't really help.

Joe

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by jknightandkarr View Post
    Cool, thank you! Lol I already got that software and the cal data from that page on my car's original configuration.

Tiz a safe bet that all of the engine size/car information is in the Cal Data chip I assume?

It's been awhile since I've done it. I learned some in collage in 99, but got tired of computers so I just finished that quarter, but I am trying to get into relearning
    assembly code, I'm learning it on the chip I plan on using on my project. I've already found some information on that book and the IC chip. I'll keep looking up everything that I can find. Tiz the only way to learn. Thanks for the help.

I choose to do this to be different...........Ok that's only part of it.............and trying to get my 305 TBI to keep up with a 4th Gen F-Body w/LS1. LOL

Joe
    So you need a 275-300 RWHP build......If you do not have a strict emissions test, might I suggest a 350 Vortec or better yet a Marine 6.2 (Mercruiser version of the HT383 net rated at 340 hp). Get a Marine TBI Vortec intake with 2" bores and a marine TBI unit. Upgrade to a set of self aligning 1.6:1 full roller rockers (worth over 20 HP on a HT383 in testing) Then hit up DynoDon on TGO for a set of his headers and matching Y-pipe. Hit up Robert @ DynamicEFI for an EBL unit. Once you get the engine installed, running and tuned, to handle those heads/cammed LS1s step up to a nice TBI nitrous kit controlled by the EBL. You will have to build a nice 700r4 to take the power. Probably need to swap in a 9-bolt with 3.27s or 3.45s as well. Not to mention find a way to get some wider, stickier tires under the car. To strengthen the body you will need subframe connectors and to help it hook, lower control arm relocation kit. Then you need to consider upgrading the brake system and suspension. Then you can have fun smoking LS1s with your 450+ HP and 500+ TQ that can out turn and out stop the heavier LS1.
    Last edited by Fast355; 03-24-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    So you need a 275-300 RWHP build......If you do not have a strict emissions test, might I suggest a 350 Vortec or better yet a Marine 6.2 (Mercruiser version of the HT383 net rated at 340 hp). Get a Marine TBI Vortec intake with 2" bores and a marine TBI unit. Upgrade to a set of self aligning 1.6:1 full roller rockers (worth over 20 HP on a HT383 in testing) Then hit up DynoDon on TGO for a set of his headers and matching Y-pipe. Hit up Robert @ DynamicEFI for an EBL unit. Once you get the engine installed, running and tuned, to handle those heads/cammed LS1s step up to a nice TBI nitrous kit controlled by the EBL. You will have to build a nice 700r4 to take the power. Probably need to swap in a 9-bolt with 3.27s or 3.45s as well. Not to mention find a way to get some wider, stickier tires under the car. To strengthen the body you will need subframe connectors and to help it hook, lower control arm relocation kit. Then you need to consider upgrading the brake system and suspension. Then you can have fun smoking LS1s with your 450+ HP and 500+ TQ that can out turn and out stop the heavier LS1.
    Thanks for the suggestions. We don't have emissions tests here at all. I'll check some of those options out, though right now, I'm gonna do my 305. If I don't like what I get I'll upgrade to a 350 block. The reason is I'm on one of the Knight Rider boards, and I got tired of hearing that my motors just a boat anchor & just get rid of em, though for some reason they don't call the 305 TPI's boat anchors.... Main prob with my car is the 2.73 rear axle, puts the first n final ratio into 8.35:1 which is FAR from what I've read about in magazines that alot of hot rodders try n aim for 1st/Final ratio to be about 10:1 if my info I've looked at and done is right, almost all 3rd gens, (even 4 cyls & 6 cyls) have close to 10:1 from the factory, but mines geared for econ. I've done the math n just an axle swap changes things quite a bit.

So far I've got a set of Headman hedders, 82-84 functional cowl hood assembly. I'm going to think about 87+ 350 58 cc aluminumn Vette heads or alternate options, but for now gonna try n port mine some & do a 3 angle valve job. I got the skills n can find the info easy enough. Gotta save $ at moment. I'd like an aftermarket TBI intake, I'm going to try n see if a 454 BB TBI unit will will fit a SB TBI intake, I'm going for a 3.75 lightened areo designed stroker crank from Jeg's, only like $250, so good deal there.

Joe