Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DFCO and Deceleration Eleanment.

Fuel Injected!
    Top of the morning to everyone!!!

I'm 10 minutes from my bedtime!

Anyways,

Mark, attached is a run using the last bin you posted and then a run using that bin slightly modified a little more.

One of the corrections I made to it was that the DE factor was set to .300. That ATKX bin is originally .371. I changed it to .445 and it looks like the spikes in the INT aren't as bad.

I also dropped the IAC vs temp counts in a few of the celcius ranges by 3 and it seemed to help drop the idle down a tad. (This engine likes about 750-800 idle....) (referenced this thread:http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...pdated-12-4-00

And finally, I dropped the coolant comp table a couple of degrees in the areas where I was getting knocks.

I do wonder though about the knocks that occurred at 16:09 in the work log. I still suspect an issue with the transmission in the 3-4 shift range as the shift from 3 to 4 seems to occur at almost 3k rpm.

OK....sleep time before I fall over.....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by damanx; 03-11-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Looks good to me!

You'd be better off using the BLM data to adjust VE1 for the decel area. The Decel Enleanment is taken off the VE tble like everything else. So you want the VE right first.

The couple knock counts at 16:09 are nothing to worry about, it happened during an acceleration and 2 is not much. Can chase it if you want and then find out it is from tranny shifting noise? When tranny shift there is a load change so timing changes.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    At the beginning of this thread, you had created the Sv1 bin and had noted in the reply that the ve table had some dips in it.

At that time, I was trying to get the blm numbers closer to 128 and the 20-30 kpa tables was where I was working since it seemed that the vacuum was hitting those areas upon release of the accelerator, which resulted in the dips in the table.

I've got to make another 35 mile trip, same as the ones a couple days ago. I'll use the spreadsheet to correct the ve tables in the cells that are close to 120 and below and post that log.

Fuel Injected!
    revision 12, version 87 bajillion......LOL

attached the is the latest bin with logs from the same 30+ drive to and from.

I am wondering, is the BLM value being displayed in reference to the HLC AFR or the closed loop AFR.

If it's the closed loop AFR, would numbers like 122 be really rich than if it were referencing the HLC open loop AFR?

What's HLC?

122 BLM is not really rich!!! Really rich would be the BLM being at it's minimum value set in bin which is usually 108. When you are at 108 and it's still trying to go lower then you are rich beyond what ECM can compensate for.

All BLM numbers in Closed Loop are the corrections being made from O2 sensor feedback. Even if you could get them all a perfect 128, when the weather changes so would they.

Depending on the ECM... in Open Loop you are running off the OL AFR table and the BLM and INT are locked at 128 = no O2 sensor feedback for adjustments.

The reason we try to get them all in 128 range is then the VE table is correct for Open Loop fueling.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    HLC = highway lean cruise.

So when the highway lean cruise is in effect and the system is in open loop, the BLM values showing in the history monitor and on the dash are irrelevant during that time until it goes back into closed loop?

D'oh!

Right.

For anyone attemping to use HLC, make sure your tune is in order first! Like danmax BLM could not be better. Then the HLC settings will be working as they should.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    WOW!!!!

WTF happened????????

Starting at 1:10 and going to 1:30.

Must have hit that sweet spot.

59 knock counts?

Your engine did not like all that spark while warming up at 101*f...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I dropped a couple of the cells in the coolant comp table a degree and that helped that problem.

Also dropped a couple cells in the 1600-2200 rpm / 75-85 kpa range and that seemed to have helped with the random knocks.

I am wondering if the acceleration enrichment needs some tweaking.

Here is the updated bin and the drive home.

Only use warmed up data for this test to dial in AE!

Set up your monitors to show TPS% (Not exactly accurate because it's a conversion from voltage, there is no TPS % in $42 data stream) but it shows TPS movement. Also INT. Watch INT rise when accelerated. In your log it is fairly steady all the time because your VE is dialed in. When you accelerate the INT (Short Term Fuel Trim) rises to compensate for AE that is to low.

If INT went down it would show to much AE.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    When it's warm out I do. But I got a remote start installed on my truck for Christmas from the kid. Nice to have a warmed up truck every winter morning!
    The only time I let my engine warm up more than a few seconds is if my winshield has ice on it. I hit the key and give the engine a few seconds for the idle to stabilize, the oil pressure to come up, drop it in drive and take off. I drive about 1/2 mile at 30 mph before accelerating from 0 to 80 mph at near WOT on an uphill ramp to match the speed of congested freeway traffic.

Fuel Injected!
    the synco bin I have for 4.3 has a lot of - degrezz in the cool confinsat timming till it gets to 60 or so centigrade in the 30kpa region, usally get about 10 kncoks at start up.

Fuel Injected!
    So I'm thinking up the AE vs. TPS % about 15 percent to see if the INT value comes down a little more.

I'm guessing as long as long as I can get the INT to stay out of the red without feeling and negative affects, it'll be closer to what it needs to be?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Only use warmed up data for this test to dial in AE!

Set up your monitors to show TPS% (Not exactly accurate because it's a conversion from voltage, there is no TPS % in $42 data stream) but it shows TPS movement. Also INT. Watch INT rise when accelerated. In your log it is fairly steady all the time because your VE is dialed in. When you accelerate the INT (Short Term Fuel Trim) rises to compensate for AE that is to low.

If INT went down it would show to much AE.

Quote Originally Posted by damanx View Post
    So I'm thinking up the AE vs. TPS % about 15 percent to see if the INT value comes down a little more.

I'm guessing as long as long as I can get the INT to stay out of the red without feeling and negative affects, it'll be closer to what it needs to be?
    I think I added 10% in a bin I gave you already?

Usually I just raise the entire table of TPS% and MAP by same amount to start. Then when data logging at say a steady MPH I do some accelerations at different TPS% and then check log to further fine tune them. The INT trick is OK, but the more accurate way is OL and a WB. So don't over obsess as it's close as it is.

-= =-