Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DFCO and Deceleration Eleanment.

If the idle is OK for you and the auto then don't worry, seems like that engine does not like low RPM idle.

I believe the knock counts are 14 (which is nothing, you could take out all spark there and still get that small amount, during PE is also when the forced knock count is, but I hope you ran the HLC and ESC done patch to remove the forced knock test?), when you have real knock issues they do spin up to the 25x numbers and start again.

When you build a real spark table you don't need things like added PE spark and you do have to lower Cold Spark Adders, etc... you were not quite WOT but were in PE when you were above the speed limit I saw it hit 33* which is more then I ever use on a street vehicle... well maybe with high octane... but it looked good. I would just remove some of the PE adder and keep it under 32*

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    i have a 95 3.4/automatic calibration open, lowest it goes is 700 in D, 800 in P/N. starting at 176 and running up to 219, rises above that in either direction.
    Can you post a 3.4L bin? Will it open with that P66 XDF you made or? I'd like to see what they do for spark compared to what he has...

-= =-

Super Moderator
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-P66-V6

yes, P66 V6. XDF is in there, and so is...... a LOT of BINs. i'll just upload the auto and manual 95 3.4 ones.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    I did try once to copy and paste part of the spark table from the f-body auto bin to one of the bins I was using in the 7747.

I don't remember what the outcome was other than it wasn't too pretty.

As far as I know, the HLC and ESC patch is not applied to that bin yet.

You may have to copy and paste half rows etc... to build the table when tables are not correct size.

Should run that patch and just raise the HLC enable temp to max if you don't want to use it.

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-P66-V6

yes, P66 V6. XDF is in there, and so is...... a LOT of BINs. i'll just upload the auto and manual 95 3.4 ones.
    I didn't see any Main Spark Bias in that Mask. Is that spark table fairly accurate as to actual spark?

If so I can see way more power and MPG running a spark advance table for that engine!

-= =-

Super Moderator
    there is no main spark bias in the mask, what you see is what you get for that table. other spark related tables don't a calibratable bias either(but do have it added into the table values), it is dealt with elsewhere in the code as a single bias, rather than a bunch of small biases added together.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Well that engine calls for a lot more spark then he has been running!

The 3.4L table was 17x17 and the $42 table is 15x14, so you need to copy out the middle. I did it for you and smoothed the table. Also removed all spark adders, installed the HLC and ESC done patch and turned off HLC... not sure anything else, I was tinkering on it this morning. As always compare to yours and see if you want to use it. Since you saw some improvements with the last one that was only 2* max added... this one should be a blast to drive!

We will have to watch the knock counts as this spark table cal came from a lighter and more aerodynamic Camaro. But your truck is not that heavy and has 3:73 gears so... close...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    <snip.....> a lighter and more aerodynamic Camaro. But your truck is not that heavy and has 3:73 gears so... close...
    And shaped like a brick..... LOL

Will burn that one and try it.

I appreciate the help!

Fuel Injected!
    my 4.3 produces better mpgs on a aycen bin rather than a syncro bin, gas put in tank. why I don't know, been playing with both types of bin for some time an still I don't know why.ps my old truck will cruise at 85 down interstate 45 with 747 lhc inabled very few knock counts, its a syncro bin in the 747.
    Last edited by ony; 03-08-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Fuel Injected!

Exclamation

Mark,

Took that BIN for a drive, (about 35 miles), which had a mix of street and highway, but more highway I think.

Early in the drive, at 18 minutes in, I stomped the throttle, but not from a stop. This was a turn off a two lane onto the freeway entrance.

Late in the drive, I kind of got on it twice from a light.

Once was next to a civic that sounded like the kid threw a rod when he thought I was racing him or something. (I guess having the A/C on also during those did not help....LOL).

I'm guessing the HLC forces open loop. Am I correct assuming that the open keeps the mixture at whatever the ratio is for that the ECM forces that mixture based on the BPW constants and NOT the O2 sensor?

Also, I suppose you can see the knocks.

There are a couple things I noticed, but can't remember right at the moment and am not at home to look through the data log more thoroughly.

Whatcha think?
    Last edited by damanx; 03-09-2014 at 03:27 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by damanx View Post
    And shaped like a brick..... LOL

Will burn that one and try it.

I appreciate the help!
    The old 2.8s ran up to 30° of timing stock and I ran mine at 16° BTDC which is 6° over stock.

Quote Originally Posted by damanx View Post
    Mark,

Took that BIN for a drive, (about 35 miles), which had a mix of street and highway, but more highway I think.

Early in the drive, at 18 minutes in, I stomped the throttle, but not from a stop. This was a turn off a two lane onto the freeway entrance.

Late in the drive, I kind of got on it twice from a light.

Once was next to a civic that sounded like the kid threw a rod when he thought I was racing him or something. (I guess having the A/C on also during those did not help....LOL).

I'm guessing the HLC forces open loop. Am I correct assuming that the open keeps the mixture at whatever the ratio is for that the ECM forces that mixture based on the BPW constants and NOT the O2 sensor?

Also, I suppose you can see the knocks.

There are a couple things I noticed, but can't remember right at the moment and am not at home to look through the data log more thoroughly.

Whatcha think?
    What did you think of the way it drove is the big question?

Yes the HLC runs Open Loop to whatever the HLC AFR table is, as well as HLC Spark Added.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Um....to tell you the truth, the responsiveness seemed "spongy", if that makes sense.

For some reason, the idle seemed VERY smooth also, I did kind of like that but still seemed rich smelling.

Are the knocks in that log of concern?

I put this bin in, (please forgive me as I tweaked a couple minor things in it), and the response of the throttle at cruise any time I gave the accelerator pedal a light push, seemed a little snappier.

The bin I am referring to is following along with a log that was the drive home from the previous destination of the earlier log.

I wasn't able to do some of what I did in that previous log being night, FREAKING WINDY and lots of cops out.
    Last edited by damanx; 03-09-2014 at 07:42 AM.

With the knock counts I saw in last data log, which was not a lot, but they were there and in several places. I'd say the reason it felt spongy... with all that extra spark is because it was to much! Borderline to much. If you pull 2-4 degrees and see the difference and motor feels snappier? You have found that area of spark which is to much but barely sets of knock sensor.

-= =-