Thread: Old guy introducing...

Electronic Ignition!

Old guy introducing...

Me

I don't know where to start. I've been working in the automotive trades for 30+ years.

In the early 1980's I was fortunate enough to get factory electronic fuel injection training from all the major car companies.

I was then recruited to teach those "advanced" subjects as an adjunct professor at a local community college. I now run that automotive program.

The last several years of my dealership experience was transmission and diesel specialization. My hobbies are mostly car related. In the past I've done some EFI conversions on boats and cars. But these were mainly stock in configuration. I have several classic cars in my collection and several more V8 engines sitting on test beds waiting for me to hook some wires and fuel to them.

I have a desire to learn the "ins and outs" of the control modules. Hardware and software. I do not have a computer programming background but if anyone can point me toward some reading material that will help me understand more about the use of hexadecimal and the types of chips used in automotive modules, I'd appreciate it.

In the mean time I'll lurk and try to learn something.

TIA

Sounds like you could be a big help to some of our situations...

I have a desire to learn the "ins and outs" of the control modules.
    That's exactly it! Some in's equal some outs!

I'm not sure which direction your trying to go here so I'll leave you with a link to the TunerPro Tutorial and it is brief but explains how the software reads the chip/bin in hex and you can go from there. Also does the data logging etc...
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-a-must-read!-)

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-