Thread: VE table in $5B ?

Fuel Injected!

VE table in $5B ?

I'm helping a buddy with a 1995 Bonneville SSE with a series 1 L67 supercharged 3800.
    I was going to set up a history table (first time using TP for datalogging) but do not see a VE table.
    I do see an Engine %Efficiency vs RPM vs AFR table,but don't think it's what i'm looking for.
    The ADX looks incomplete,and looking around doesn't look to be a very popular platform (G4 memcal) to tune maybe.

The BCC is BKKH,I'm using $5B and have two different .xdf's but neither looks to have the VE table.
    The .bin below isn't in the archive if someone wants to add it.
    I looked it up in my GM prom cross reference index but only the non supercharged vin is listed for that year and didn't see the BCC in previous years either.
    In the BCC lookup it lists it as a manual .bin as well,don't see a trans type option in the bin.
    That's curious,I was looking stuff up the other day concerning these for a trans question unrelated and iirc the series1 only ever ran a nonE transmission.
    Wonder if they were all just programmed as manual? It has TCC tables though,curious.

Anyway,thanks for any insight.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    no VE table in the calibration, it is a MAF only PCM. there is a MAP sensor on the engine, and the ONLY thing it is connected to is the boost gauge in the instrument cluster. the engine efficiency table is used for the torque calculation for torque management/limiting.

also, it is a 4T60E transmission.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks robert.
    Durrrr.. On the 4T60E lol. Was up late,completely forgot I had noticed the performance shift stuff in there lol.

So i'm guessing to tune some more fuel into this thing we need to adjust maf then?
    I haven't put a wideband on it yet,but we know it's going lean.
    Right now we are working thru some different repair issues,but figure might as well play with tunerpro when we work it all out.

Super Moderator
    only a couple of ways to change fueling in the 5B mask, injector flowrate(and small PW and voltage offsets), MAF and MAF correction tables, assuming they're defined.

Fuel Injected!
    There is alot of undefined stuff in the .xdf i'm using,alot labeled fueling/maf.
    Checked and tunercat has a $5b mask with a bunch of maf output frequency tables.
    Any chance the TC mask will work with TP?
    Thought of getting tc for awhile,but haven't had a need bad enough to justify to the budget yet.
    But buddy'll spring for the tc mask if I can use it.
    we are thinking of swapping his injectors out for some L67's i have,but I need to check and see if there is any reason to or not.
    Otherwise prob cause more issues than it'll help.

Super Moderator
    the TP XDF should have at least as much in it as the TC TDF.

sounds like you're messing with the version i started adding tables to then abandoned for a long period of time.

Fuel Injected!
    I've got a couple,using the newest one pretty sure. The .adx is one of yours,that has been updated a bit by mark.
    Having an issue with it though,when I connect it just bounces everywhere. Tested cable (moates cable) and it's good pretty sure.
    I changed the latency timer like craig suggests but still no change.
    Looking at the dashboard it just jumps around like it's reading random stuff,completely unuseable.
    I'm gonna try and download another logger and see if I can narrow it down to tp/settings/car/etc.. furthur maybe.