Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 68 camaro 5.3 with whipple sidemount supercharger

Fuel Injected!
    i really appreciate the help ive been up all night trying to figure out how to change to the custom os

Banned
    The 2004 factory calibration will work just fine. I have done several and NEVER been able to out run the MAF table. GM's GMPX built several trucks and they did not use a COS.

Are EFILive's COS speed density calibrations?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleditor View Post
    The 2004 factory calibration will work just fine. I have done several and NEVER been able to out run the MAF table. GM's GMPX built several trucks and they did not use a COS.

Are EFILive's COS speed density calibrations?
    EFILive COS may be operated jut like an OEM OS - MAF only, SD only, or blended (OEM style). While you could run the OEM OS in MAF only mode (as long as you don't exceed the airflow limits), a well tuned SD configuration (or blended configuration) will yield a "sharper" tune, with better throttle response.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    EFILive COS may be operated jut like an OEM OS - MAF only, SD only, or blended (OEM style). While you could run the OEM OS in MAF only mode (as long as you don't exceed the airflow limits), a well tuned SD configuration (or blended configuration) will yield a "sharper" tune, with better throttle response.
    The HPT 2 bars are SD calibrations. SD calibration lack a lot. It would take me hours to explain everything that the MAF is a function of

Good to here the EFILive COS use MAF's. The 2004 MAF limit is 12,000 hz. The most I got out of a Maggie was 11,250 and the Whipple almost 11,700. The Whipple truck was spun past the RPM range

I just ran a C6 with a Lingenfelter E force supercharger yesterday. I pulled the data-log up and found that it maxed out at as low as 4800 in 1st and the rest of the gears about 6000, I ran it to 6800 with it maxed out. I never thought that would have happened on this car.

Fuel Injected!
    ... SD calibration lack a lot. It would take me hours to explain everything that the MAF is a function of ...
    Trying to answer the OP's questions about a COS ... not interested in a Coke vs Pepsi debate regarding SD vs MAF tunes. You will find very knowledge people will that will line up on either side of that fence. I work with mainly E38 / E67 these days ... a lot of folks seem to want an A6 in their dream car.

MAF tunes are prevalent for several reasons - they are quick and easy (meaning they cost less), they require less knowledge / experience on the part of the person doing the tune, and only EFILive has these (E38 / E67) VE or VVE tables native within the tuning software.

Having driven and tuned a lot of these, the SD tunes (or SD and MAF combined) always seem a little crisper during rapid throttle transitions, than do the MAF only tunes - but perhaps this is merely my person bias.

Fuel Injected!
    i installed the new custom os and tune what do i need to do to get it started now

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Trying to answer the OP's questions about a COS ... not interested in a Coke vs Pepsi debate regarding SD vs MAF tunes. You will find very knowledge people will that will line up on either side of that fence. I work with mainly E38 / E67 these days ... a lot of folks seem to want an A6 in their dream car.

MAF tunes are prevalent for several reasons - they are quick and easy (meaning they cost less), they require less knowledge / experience on the part of the person doing the tune, and only EFILive has these (E38 / E67) VE or VVE tables native within the tuning software.

Having driven and tuned a lot of these, the SD tunes (or SD and MAF combined) always seem a little crisper during rapid throttle transitions, than do the MAF only tunes - but perhaps this is merely my person bias.
    I understand what you are stating. I do all the VE tables and the MAF table when I tune.

If you read the original post you will see that a COS will not fix his issue. He is not out flowing the MAF at 4500 rpm's with a 5.3L

Quote Originally Posted by danny68ss View Post
    I installed the new custom os and tune. What do I need to do to get it started now?
    The MAP and Injector data in that tune are wrong for your setup. I set it for a 2bar MAP---You still have a 1bar. The injector data in that tune is not stock. Your injectors are stock. You need a 2 bar MAP and either input your stock injector information in it or wait and install your new injectors and input the data from them. The COS3 I posted was not intended to run your engine in its present state.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB, 5.0, 4L80e, Moser M60, 4.10 gear, Homemade twin turbo w/Junkyard T3 turbos, 24x CNP, 12200411 PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    ok i should get my map and injectors next week do you know what injectors it was set for

Fuel Injected!
    I understand what you are stating. I do all the VE tables and the MAF table when I tune.

If you read the original post you will see that a COS will not fix his issue. He is not out flowing the MAF at 4500 rpm's with a 5.3L
    Good lord man, do you speak just to hear the sound of your own voice ?

Of course I read his original post - that is why I chose to participate in this thread. Without a COS and a 2 bar MAP sensor, the only tuning option available is MAF only - eliminating SD and blended MAF & SD (OEM style) as options. Better to have three tuning options rather than just one.