Hello all!
A lot of good information, and knowledgeable people here! I am just getting started doing research for future carburetor to TBI swaps. I have what I hope are two complete TBI systems, One from a 1987 7.4L C20, w/auto. And another from a 1987 7.4L K30, w/auto. I think I saved every thing I need except the fuel pumps, witch I plan to replace with external, may be from an 89 F250 (info that I have found on this site)
I do not have a large budget, every thing I do is on the cheap. I enjoy welding and cobbling things together, then going out on a trail ride and going all the places the guys with the money can go.
The two cars getting the TBI systems are a ’78 CJ5 with an AMC 360, Edelbrock Performer cam and intake. The other is 1975 Chevy 454 also with the Edelbrock Performer cam and intake, currently residing in a 78 Blazer, with 1 ton differentials and Detroit’s. Right at this moment they share a Holley 750 vacuum secondary carburetor, that works very well, I have done all the modifications I could to make it perform like the Truck Avenger. The carburetor has not let me down yet, but it has given me slight trouble on hill climes.
I also have a 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) with the stock fuel injected 4.0L, I think all of these systems are OBDI, and was hoping to get started relearning (I worked as an auto mechanic at a GM dealer for ten years in the ‘90s) the ropes with a scanner on the YJ. I have found the ALDLdroid app for my phone (Motorola Defy XT556) but not sure if is compatible yet.
Currently I am reading the TunerPro starter Tutorial. It would be nice to only have to buy one cable, but the laptop pc I used will not receive Bluetooth, so I guess I’ll need two hook ups, to use the phone and the pc.
Any way, at this point I am registering so I can get access to the photos that go along with all the great text on this site.

Thanks
John
Black Earth, WI