Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: well i finally got it started

Fuel Injected!

well i finally got it started

i finally got my truck started today but it didnt run so good which is probably exspected for the first start up. i have a 16196395 pcm running an $OD bin file BJYL xdf advanced $OD TP5 v251.xdf adx file a217 $OD TP5 v250.adx . im going to try to upload my first datalog and i wonder if someone could take a look and point me in the right direction. i do have a couple of questions i cant seem to find where you adjust the desired idle because my came runs a 224 duration @ 50 and doesnt like to idle that low .also do i need to disable the manifold air temp it is showing -40.0 .i dont think my tbi even has one on it and i am afraid it could be affecting it. any help would be appreciated?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Idle speed tables
    Attached Images Attached Images
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

MAT needs to be unchecked.
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS

Fuel Injected!
    mat is not checked
    Quote Originally Posted by brian617 View Post
    MAT needs to be unchecked.

Fuel Injected!
    the rpm numbers in those tables are they actual rpm or are they numbers only the computer recognizes ? if i want my idle to be 100 rpm higher do i raise most of the rpm numbers by 100 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by brian617 View Post
    Idle speed tables

numbers in those tables are the idle speed the ecm is targeting. I would try adding 100 rpm everywhere for starters. You'll need to adjust spark tables too in order for it to idle. In both the open and closed throttle spark tables, set the timing to 25 degrees in all cells 1,000 rpm and below. You'll adjust the high map cells down later after you see where it idles. With that cam it will probably be around 60-70 kpa at a 775 rpm idle.

I'm surprised the blm is at 165 (full rich) when you're holding it at 1,300 rpm and 50 kpa. I would expect the BJYL tune to be rich in that area with your big cam. Are you sure you have 61 lb/hr injectors? is fuel pressure at least 14 psi?

Quote Originally Posted by bonnieclyde100 View Post
    the rpm numbers in those tables are they actual rpm or are they numbers only the computer recognizes ? if i want my idle to be 100 rpm higher do i raise most of the rpm numbers by 100 ?
    Yes, here are the numbers i'm using in my .bin

Fuel Injected!
    i will have to check injectors tomarrow and dont know about the pressure. i rebuilt the regulator with a stock kit and the injectors were in the tbi when i got it at the junk yard
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadknee View Post
    numbers in those tables are the idle speed the ecm is targeting. I would try adding 100 rpm everywhere for starters. You'll need to adjust spark tables too in order for it to idle. In both the open and closed throttle spark tables, set the timing to 25 degrees in all cells 1,000 rpm and below. You'll adjust the high map cells down later after you see where it idles. With that cam it will probably be around 60-70 kpa at a 775 rpm idle.

I'm surprised the blm is at 165 (full rich) when you're holding it at 1,300 rpm and 50 kpa. I would expect the BJYL tune to be rich in that area with your big cam. Are you sure you have 61 lb/hr injectors? is fuel pressure at least 14 psi?

Fuel Injected!
    i have the 5235206 61lb/hr injectors as far a pressure i ordered a gauge and adapter fitting i should get early next week .i also made my regulator adjustable so i can set the pressure. what pressure do you recogmend for my application ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadknee View Post

Fuel Injected!
    well i found out the pcm either burned out on first run or was all ready burned out when i used it. i dont know what my pressure was the first run but after i made the regulator adjustable i set it at 13lbs .well that was to much it was burning so fat it would hardley run so i nocked it down to 12lbs and now it will run better but looking at the numbers i think it is still running rich. here is a data file check it out and let me know what you think.

There's lots of things to look at when you get data and although fuel is important, it's not the first thing I would look at. Really the first thing to look at is error cordes! Your OK there.

Now look at your temperature and tell me what's wrong?

For fuel data to adjust with we need the engine to be warmed up and with TBI being a wet intake driven around a little bit. Then start data log.

Most of your data is warming up so not good data to adjust from. But it never stopped warming up? Went all the way to 228* f before the log ended. So need to figure out what is wrong with cooling system and re-group!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    well i fixed the temp problem. the thermostat was not opening until it was to late. i drove to the end of street and back. it was to rich and missed alot so i didnt want to go far. the blm spent alot of time at 90 so i guess i need to adjust. should i drop the VE table down about 5points or more to start and go from there?
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    There's lots of things to look at when you get data and although fuel is important, it's not the first thing I would look at. Really the first thing to look at is error cordes! Your OK there.

Now look at your temperature and tell me what's wrong?

For fuel data to adjust with we need the engine to be warmed up and with TBI being a wet intake driven around a little bit. Then start data log.

Most of your data is warming up so not good data to adjust from. But it never stopped warming up? Went all the way to 228* f before the log ended. So need to figure out what is wrong with cooling system and re-group!

Last edited by bonnieclyde100; 03-02-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    well i did some adjustments to the VE tables and took it for a longer ride where i went through all gears and got up to about 50 miles per hour. it seamed to do better going down the road .the BLM numbers looked a little better but the low speed and idle is still fairly rich. here is the log

Yup, your still to rich, especially at idle.

RoadKnee tried to help you out for idle in post#7 so look into that first.

Is it an auto trans? Can you add another 50 or so RPM for now?

Then you IAC count is way to high. Turn the throttle stop screw in a full turn. With change of cam you changed the incoming air at low RPM. Then if you raised pressure you have more fuel so it's needs more air to mix with the fuel so it can flow through the Wet Intake manifold. Then do the idle at end of next log.

WHat is your Injector Size and fuel PSI?

What heads? You should probably start with a better spark advance table. Look for one Dave W did. When you add some spark to give what this cam needs you'll see some of the BLM numbers come closer to the 128 your shotting for.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    it is a manuel trans and the fuel pressure is about 12lbs. there is some kind of plug in where the throttle stop screw is. does it come out or will i have to drill it out? the heads are a stock 93 chevy truck head. i will take a look those spark tables.thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Yup, your still to rich, especially at idle.

RoadKnee tried to help you out for idle in post#7 so look into that first.

Is it an auto trans? Can you add another 50 or so RPM for now?

Then you IAC count is way to high. Turn the throttle stop screw in a full turn. With change of cam you changed the incoming air at low RPM. Then if you raised pressure you have more fuel so it's needs more air to mix with the fuel so it can flow through the Wet Intake manifold. Then do the idle at end of next log.

WHat is your fuel pressure and PSI?

What heads? You should probably start with a better spark advance table. Look for one Dave W did. When you add some spark to give what this cam needs you'll see some of the BLM numbers come closer to the 128 your shotting for.