Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm new!

Electronic Ignition! WoodButcher's Avatar
    Using datamaster I got the new cable connected and still the same story, I'm getting a "lost com" error but this time I did notice "trans" in the message.
    I wonder if has something to do with the fact that I am still running the trans from the V6? I used the ECM from the 350 and the harness is also from the V6 lengthened where needed and re wrapped. Both trans are the 4l60e and all seems to be running well. I'm pretty sure I'll need to have the computer link, aldl cable working before it will pass the emission police.
    Would a loose plug into the trans housing be causing this?
    I'll attach the file I was able to save tonight, maybe you could point me in the right direction.

This weekend I plan to spend a bit of time on this to see if I can't get Tuner pro up and running. I simply need to sit in the truck within range of my wireless to read the tuner pro thread and install I think. I've printed the instruction, put file on the flash drive, left them till I have an opportunity then when I do finally get to it I'm lost. "lost com" LOL, that's me...
    Bruce
    '97 GMC Safari, work van, 4.3 CSFI work van
    '93 Safari, (my hot rod) 355, TBI
    My build thread engine swap starts here-
    http://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic...rt=100#p537417

I think most of the DTC's are EGR Code 32.

Attached is the screen shot is from the playback of the jan1.uni.

dave w

The 32 isn't the lost com issue that I need to deal with but I sure could use a little info on that too.
    When I re assembled the truck I cleaned an tested the EGR unit, (tested for operation with a hand vacuum pump) and it seemed ok. I see that the reading goes to 100% when I get on the gas, is that not the way it should operate?
    Also it never set the SES light, I wonder if that is not related to the lost com issue. I found in my files one that is named "trans.uni" I'm sure that was used with datamaster when it was run with the V6. I'm wondering if that has something to do with the error.
    Bruce

I am limited to what I can help with when using Datamaster to data log with. I'm also limited with what I can help with when using TunerPro RT. With Datamaster, the help I can provide is playback a .uni file and show a screen shot of what I'm seeing. I have not used the "trans.uni" feature of Datamaster, sorry.

dave w

No problem Dave, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help you have given already.
    Hopefully I can get RT up and running tomorrow or Sunday if life doesn't interfere.
    Bruce

Well alright then,
    I finally got around to fixing the lost com issue. The added hotwire from my alternator to the battery causes the disconnect. A friend mentioned the possibility of an added ground being a problem and it dawned on me.
    Next step is to get TunerPro up and running. For the life of me I can't find what I'm missing, I've printed the instruction and had that in hand while attempting to datalog, no soap. Next time I'll bring the wife's laptop down while trying to connect so I can search the forum at the same time. My netbook is so slow with the web I'll grow old and grey waiting to connect.
    Bruce