Thread: For Historical Reference

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

For Historical Reference

Digging through some old software today, I discovered a few relics.

Mastertune, sold by TTS. Steve Cole, Tunercat, and ecmguy worked together on this one. These shots are main spark table and all we had for ECM constants for a 92 TBI pickup. This was about a $600 piece of software and there were versions specific to different engine families and injections systems, i.e. TBI camaros, TPI Camaros and some Vettes, etc.

GMEPro by Terry Kelly. Lotsa tables in this software. AFAIK, Terry worked a lot of this stuff out independently. He had many of the GM phrases correct, like "N/V ratio," so he must have had access to GM docs at some point. Check out the disclaimer on the opening screen. GMEPro and Terry just faded away.

Promedit, a freebie. The start of configurable .ecu files. All DOS and hardcore. Lotsa typing and configuring to make it work. It was the first freebie that I know of with 3D graphing. Can't screen capture the graphing, though.

Winbin and Carprom don't run on this machine. Carprom wasn't all that good, just a graphic representation of .bin data. It might help you find tables but there was no definition file, no scalars, nothing. It cost over $1000. 5 guys including myself got together and pitched in on it, and it turns out we could get better results from a shareware hex editor. Winbin was one of the first windows based tools for free and it used .ecu files also. I also have gmpcm here with several definition files. The author of that software wasn't customer friendly although I believe he did have access to GM data judging by the number of tunable values and the level of detail included.
    Attached Images Attached Images