Thread: 3.4 with 7727 ecm

Fuel Injected!

3.4 with 7727 ecm

so ive got my old s10 back in the bay for some repair work. wound up finding out that the current owner took it to someone that absolutely hacked the entire harness, and changed out the ECM for a "good" one.
    luckily, the owner kept the old "bad" ECM which had a custom prom in it.

anyway, truck is an 87 s10, with a 93 blazer body wiring harness, 7727 ecm from a 92 lumina (with modified lumina harness), and 94 Camaro 3.4 with a 5 speed.

the truck used to run great on a bin given to me by (I think) Robert saar. but ive long since switched computers, and lost all my data. so now I need to recreate all my software for my computer and figure out how to scan the bin into my computer to further edit things. also, I want to datalog to see just whats going on, something this truck would NOT do before.

I know that the bin I was sent was based off a lumina 3.1 bin.
    I also know that tunerpro has changed now that im looking at the version I just downloaded.

what all xdf, bin, and ads files do I need to download these days?
    also, if im unable to figure out how to make this truck run better than it used to, could you guys look at my datalogs and point me in the right direction?
    lastly, how do I scan the bin from the prom I burned years ago?

im hoping to fire the rebuilt wiring harness/ecm/etc tonight and see what ive got.

thanks guys.
    Michael

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dusterbd13 View Post
    so ive got my old s10 back in the bay for some repair work. wound up finding out that the current owner took it to someone that absolutely hacked the entire harness, and changed out the ECM for a "good" one.
    luckily, the owner kept the old "bad" ECM which had a custom prom in it.

anyway, truck is an 87 s10, with a 93 blazer body wiring harness, 7727 ecm from a 92 lumina (with modified lumina harness), and 94 Camaro 3.4 with a 5 speed.

the truck used to run great on a bin given to me by (I think) Robert saar. but ive long since switched computers, and lost all my data. so now I need to recreate all my software for my computer and figure out how to scan the bin into my computer to further edit things. also, I want to datalog to see just whats going on, something this truck would NOT do before.

I know that the bin I was sent was based off a lumina 3.1 bin.
    I also know that tunerpro has changed now that im looking at the version I just downloaded.

what all xdf, bin, and ads files do I need to download these days?
    also, if im unable to figure out how to make this truck run better than it used to, could you guys look at my datalogs and point me in the right direction?
    lastly, how do I scan the bin from the prom I burned years ago?

im hoping to fire the rebuilt wiring harness/ecm/etc tonight and see what ive got.

thanks guys.
    Michael

Michael,

As for the datalog issue, if you ECM Serial Data wire is connected to the ALDL it must be in the proper slot to datalog a 8192 baud ECM. I have always had to move the Serial Data wire in the ALDL connector for 160 baud to 8192 baud conversions on TBI and TPI to get a scan tool to interface.

Fuel Injected!
    wow!! that's why I could never get it to work! never switched anything in the ALDL connector. is there a diagram of how it should be for the 7727?