The recent thread of NorthStar DIS made me retink my kids Toyota rock Crawler. More importantly this quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter

Yes, the 4 cyl application will be slightly different, in that the 4 cyl will only require 1 crank sensor and a much more simple wheel. The bin changes will be the same or similar however.
It's a 22re MPFI engine we built with higher compression, bigger cam, ported head. Tweaked the MAF and it runs real well! But and his freinds with 22r carb engines want to convert to a tunable ECM.

Since they are all into off roading a waterproof ECM/PCM would be a good starting point! Running the Toyota injectors on the MPFI one would be a bonus, one of the guys wants to do a TBI conversion which would be easy. But recent threads make me think I want to do something differant.

Two things I would like advice on? One is there a waterproof underhood ECM that would do both MPFI and TBI? If not which would you choose for MPFI and is there one for TBI?

Second is which DIS coil pack to use? I've had these coil packs and underhood ecm before on V6 cars and remember washing the engines at car wash and not even a hickup on restart so that is a GOOD thing for an off roader. But all this has to be for a four cylinder...