Thread: 2jz motor on gm v6 harness/pcm?

Fuel Injected!

2jz motor on gm v6 harness/pcm?

mi friend has a 2jz (turbo) with no wiring and we are trying to see if we can use something like a 2000 gtp harness/pcm to operate the 2jz (non vvt), if we use the stock maf (or v8 maf), injectors are the same style, the coils we can go ls1 individual coils, i think it could work the only real issues are crank/cam setup?

cam we use the stock ones (2jz)? or do we need to adapt the stock crank,cam of the v6?

i know that we are going to need a tune and vats delete etc, we have that cover the mechanical part sensors and others are the ones in question, any inputs? recommendations?.

Yep, very possible.

You will need to give the ECM/PCM the inputs it wants, meaning that you will likely need to create your own trigger wheel(s) to do wo. Alternatively I know there is a "universal" ICM that is being developed by some crazy bloke in Australia, I'm just not sure if it's available for sale yet.

FWIW, I'm using a an OBD1 ECM (1227749) and GM DIS to run my Nissan turbo L28T.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    ok, well if you are running a 6 inline with that setup i think i can run the 2jz with individual coils then, we are using or trying to use obd2 so we can flash direct for the changes, i really don't see any problems since only the crank/cam, you think i can change the value in the pcm to take the stock 2jz crank/cam sensor operating voltage and use it as the triggers for the gm pcm?

im finding many people adapting/fab, trigger wheels to operate on other swaps, seem like a bitch but maybe that's our only option?, hopefully not.

If the only reason you want OBD 2 is for the flashing ability, the OBD 1 ECM/PCM is also an option, just requires some additional hardware. The OBD 2 can not do real time tuning, without using the Moates Road Runner or something similar. The OBD 1 ECMs can be tuned in real time using an EEPROM emulator, such as the Moates Ostrich 2.0.

No, I don't think the Toyota trigger wheels can be used for the GM set-up, at least not with the custom ICM I mentioned or some other interface.

The trigger wheels can be made. I have done this for two of my engines now, one was a GM V6 that didn't have provisions in the block for the crank trigger, and another was my Nissan I6.

Do some looking at wiring diagrams, and trigger wheel set ups that was used with the hardware you want to use. Then you can really start planning out how to go about putting it all together.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    thanks, im all into that know and seems that crank/cam need to be fab around the motor to work that signals, will do some basic setups to try to at least turn it on then go from there.