as some of you know, I've been playing around with GM V6 obd2 code, to try and get a true coil per cylinder setup running on my V6, along with a couple of other things. I've recently made two observations that could make CPC a very real option, for very little work for 60 degree V6 applications running LX5, "shortstar" programming.

1. the LX5 ignition coils wire up in a manner very similar to LSx coils, as seen here:

LSx

LX5

Main difference in the wiring, is that the LX5 uses 2 ignition modules, and the LSx uses one per coil. each has a signal lead for each coil, I think it's a high probablility that the control signal is the same between the two.

2. in the bin file, there is a switch for crank sensor resolution.

now, here's where things get a little tricky, does changing this setting change the ignition trigger method? Also the PCM doesn't directly read the 7x sensor, it receives a signal from the ICM, so that means we would either need to retain the ICM, or find a sensor to input the signal on one wire, I'm thinking a stock 60 degree V6 cam sensor would work fine. My first plan of action, is to test the signal output of the ICM and compare it to the input, hopefully they are the same, as that would simplify things a bit. if they are different, then it'd be time for a new trigger design.

Thoughts?