Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Northstar DIS

Quote Originally Posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
    So I've been looking into doing this as I am building a car that will have little to no clearance at the firewall for a distributor, and it's a recycled junk build. So I'm talking to a local guy about making the wheels off of the CAD drawing from the Lukestaff site, and the guy said he'd be able to do it if the bottom corners of the notches can be a 1/16 radius. My question is would that affect the triggering at all? Instead of the sharp corners.
    Why can he only do rounded corners? Any good machine shop should have a rotary table for their end mill. All they would need to do is mount it vertically and then use a end mill that is the same size as the width of the notches.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Carb and Points!
    I have a N* wheel and bracket and my SBC 406 runs wheel with DIS but I have a few issues that I need help with...1. Run OK with 3.1L .BIN file with the fuel injector costant fudged but AFR's are all wrong when driving becuase $A1 bin def has no adjustment for dispacment or cylinder size.2. Super AJUP v5 bin with initial advance set to 70 and max advance set to 120 and higher runs OK for 20 seconds and dies suddenly. This bin has my fuel mapped right and was runnig fine so I know it not VATs.Any idea how I can get the Super AJUP to control the ignition correctly.

The min and max advance settings need to be correct, There's a value or two there that needs to be a negative number, I don't recall which one(s).

1project2many will have to chime in, he was the one that pointed me in the right direction with mine, when I switched from one scheme to use DIS to another. (adjusting scalers and tables vs using settings in a couple scalers, that follows the way GM did it.)
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks. That worked. I took me awhile to find the RET spark parameter in the DIN def.
    Last edited by icsamerica; 12-30-2016 at 06:53 PM.