Thread: 1972 Elcamino 1993 Camaro Z28 LT1 T56 6 speed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Ok I see so calculate at 22 I'll run the numbers with that then and see what happens. This thing is violent now I can imagine what it's going too be when it's leaned out some and running stronger.

The 24.912 is a stock setting for some... Calculating injector flow and setting Injector Off set voltage in calibration is always a better first step in tuning, before tuning! Getting it right should get the BLMs closer but tuning is still in order.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    The 24.912 is a stock setting for some... Calculating injector flow and setting Injector Off set voltage in calibration is always a better first step in tuning, before tuning! Getting it right should get the BLMs closer but tuning is still in order.
    Mark would injector offset voltage be the value Steveo had me calculate or is there another number I need to check as well. Did a log on the run into work but messed up my Tunerpro settings and I can't remember my setups as I am just now using this thing LOL. It does seem to be running better though so thinking I am making headway. I'll get my system back up and take a look at the run in today.
    Thanks for all of your help
    Brian

Fuel Injected!
    Well asjusting the flow rate did help I was able to get a look at my run on the dash and it is staying up around 128 more. I am going to have to do a major adjust in the idle area. open loop cold it's at 128 and the 02 sensors look like they are staying up around .9 or a little higher. IAC is hovering around 40 or so till it comes off open loop. Then you can hear and see it crash to 108 although with the new injector rate it isn't as pronounced in the engine tone. It actually stays up for a longer time now before it goes south. So I'll scope the injectors this weekend and see if any are leaking. The next order of buiseness will be to get the zietronix wideband in the cross pipe and tie it into Tunerpro for the AFR so that I can log it along with the other values.
    I have a second question.
    When I look at my runs in the 3D graph they don't look anything near smooth. It looks like the Ande's mountains, I am I missing something when I plot. I am going to go through the Tunerpro sticky section here and educate myself some more but was just looking for a quick confirmation for the steps to plot.
    Again thanks a bunch for your inputs and help
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by beestoys View Post
    Mark would injector offset voltage be the value Steveo had me calculate or is there another number I need to check as well.
    Brian
    It's another Parameter. You'd have to open the LT1 from 93 $DA3 and get the Offsets and place them in your $EE bin.

Quote Originally Posted by beestoys View Post
    Well asjusting the flow rate did help I was able to get a look at my run on the dash and it is staying up around 128 more. I am going to have to do a major adjust in the idle area. open loop cold it's at 128 and the 02 sensors look like they are staying up around .9 or a little higher.
    Brian
    It will read 128 in OL, then when closed Loop is when you get feedback for BLM adjustments.

Everything from CAI, higher fuel pressure, cam etc... will play a role in what the numbers are. Always start your log when warmed up and driven. Gives less false data to remove when using the BLM numbers to adjust from. Also having EGR, DFCO and PE off helps get more solid BLM numbers to adjust with.

Could be why your seeing such big differences?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    It's another Parameter. You'd have to open the LT1 from 93 $DA3 and get the Offsets and place them in your $EE bin.

It will read 128 in OL, then when closed Loop is when you get feedback for BLM adjustments.

Everything from CAI, higher fuel pressure, cam etc... will play a role in what the numbers are. Always start your log when warmed up and driven. Gives less false data to remove when using the BLM numbers to adjust from. Also having EGR, DFCO and PE off helps get more solid BLM numbers to adjust with.

Could be why your seeing such big differences?
    Thanks
    I should be able to just download a 93 bin and get the numbers right? and then transpose them.

Can you just turn those parameters off with Tunerpro or do you have to set values to cause it not to activate?

EGR shouldn't be a problem as it's all disconnected anyway. I'll try and do a log run after setting it up like you mention and see what happens.

We are going to scope the injectors this weekend to see if they are leaking and the reason my rail pressure drops after the pump cycles. I'ts a new pump so I don't think the check valve has gone already but we'll see.
    But if it is an injector what would be the benefit of changing all of them to a 95 version. (Besides the obvious not having to change all this in the ECM to 93 injector specs)
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by beestoys; 01-31-2014 at 02:03 AM.

Not sure on injector change? steveo is way better in LT1 then me so we'll see what he says. If you get or have a set of used injectors always have them serviced before the install. If there's no shop near you look up Mr Injector.

EGR needs to be turned off/disabled in bin as well as removed or it may think it's still working and change fueling and spark.

You can open two instances of TunerPRo when you need parameter values from one mask ID to another. Open TP, load XDF and bin, then Tools, Custom Tools and New Instance of TP. Then you have 2 screens to copy and paste from.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Agreed on the service of them.
    I'll do some digging and see what I can find on the EGR and see where it's set. I am thinking I saw it in the scalar section and it had settings in there. So I am thinking it's still active. Is there a section in Tunerpro where you can go an see if some of this stuff is on or off.
    I'll try the dual look and see what I can find.
    Sorry for all the questions been a gear head all my life but I have just recently got into the electronic side of it this deep anyway LOL.
    And thanks again for all the help.