Thought I'd provide an update of my efforts the last few weeks. Got to say I really enjoy this Autoprom. I have it installed in the glovebox. It is so easy to access with the laptop when I want to tune, or disconnect and close the glovebox for daily driver operation.

I'm on the third tank of 92 octane fuel now. Also pulled some timing (0.5-1 degree) in the 95 and 100KPA area of the spark map. The knock sensor is still pulling timing in the upper rev ranges at WOT; around 4 degrees above 2,800 rpm. Seems it only wants to tolerate 10-11 degrees of WOT ignition lead. I posted earlier that this was only occurring in second gear. However, in recent WOT runs I've seen KR in 1st gear too. It's interesting that KR is about the same with 92 octane as it was with 87. The 92 has eliminated the part throttle KR though. I suppose next step is to pull that 4 degrees out of the high kpa areas of the spark map and see if I can eliminate knock sensor activity in entirety.

I made another almost 400 mile loop over three mountain passes, datalogging, and massaging the VE tables. I had them in pretty good shape already, so adjustments were pretty minor. After I've been on the highway for a while and the engine is fully warmed, BLM's are consistently in the 125-129 range, and mostly 127-128. It feels very smooth. I did notice something interesting driving back worth mentioning. I was coming down the east slope of Stevens Pass, spending a lot of time decelerating. Outside temp was 20F or so. As I continued to down the hill the BLM's on decel rose to the mid 140's. Coolant temp was down to 177 from 183 where it normally cruises. Once the pass flattened out some and I got some heat back in the engine, BLM's returned to 127-128.

I've also fiddled some with the open loop AFR table to help with warm-up. In the stock bin, the engine enters closed loop at -1.8C and starts block learning at 20C. At colder temps, some of the BLM's would get into the low 100's. As the motor warmed up and I accelerated through these cells the INT could not move the BLM's fast enough to prevent some minor lean surge. I'd have to drive around for 1/2 hour before the BLM's would return to normal. I enabled use of the open loop AFR table in closed loop. To my surprise, the stock table with target AFR's of 16:1 in many of the cells was reasonably close. The engine goes into closed loop and the INT makes minor adjustments as needed to target the switching point of the O2 sensor. BLM adjustments are not made unless the values in the open loop table are equal to the Stoich AFR. I set all values in the table 80C and above to 14.7, which is what I have Stoich AFR set to. I later reduced the Maximum Temp for AFR lookup in Closed Loop to 80C to achieve the same outcome. I could have obtained a similar result by simply running open loop until 80C. I personally like running closed loop during warm-up because the engine will tolerate it, and uses less fuel in the process.

I'll admit tuning is addicting. As we move into spring though I'll need to burn a chip and remove the Autoprom to temporarily eliminate the temptation. It'll be time to move on to other things till winter.