Thread: harness swap

Electronic Ignition!

harness swap

I have a 1993 gmc k1500 with a 4l60 that I am swapping to a 1987 TPI motor and harness but bulkhead connector from the TPI harness was to small to fit , so figured I could just cut and slice wires from connector to connector, but as things for me go, never that simple. I know where the wires I have left over from the TPI harness go, cause I can trace them, but the TBI harness didnt make it, so now I need a pinout of the drivers side (c100) connector or at least a list of what color wires go to what. I know purple goes to starter trigger, red goes to power at starter, pink goes to coil, tan goes to oil sender, small pink goes to transmission, leaves me with small purple, dark green, black, brown and red. Please help, thanks.

Dark green might be the Temperature Gauge / Temperature Light instrument panel wire if it went to the engine from connector C100. Brown might be the Alternator Light instrument panel wire if it went to the alternator from connector C100. Purple might be the Fuel Level instrument panel wire if it went to the fuel tank. Black might be Ground for the Instrument Panel.

I use wiring schematics from my local public library (reference section), Mitchel's Manual, Chilton's Manuals, or All Data online are available.

Hope this helps.

dave w

I was just thinking, maybe the red wire is to the alternator.

dave w