Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another TPI Project..

Quote Originally Posted by ezobens View Post
    I prefer using MAF and I have all the components to run it so I'd rather stay with what I have than re-wiring for MAP.
    I realize MAP is probably the fastest and easiest method but I usually don't follow what most folks do just because I like to be difficult.. lol
    My long term goal is to upgrade to the 12200411 PCM anyway, which has both MAF and MAP so I might as well start with the MAF now so I can get some exposure to how it gets set-up.

Elm
    Your comparing MAF of today to MAF of yester year which was not even close. Probably why most swap to the SD. The mechanical end is easy and the re-writing part is same as burning a new chip with differant mask ID bin. Then there's the data logging ghost in $6E... which the $12p does not have in same ECM.

We're trying to steer you in the right direction. But if you like to be difficult? Then you picked the right system to start with!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Your comparing MAF of today to MAF of yester year which was not even close. Probably why most swap to the SD. The mechanical end is easy and the re-writing part is same as burning a new chip with differant mask ID bin. Then there's the data logging ghost in $6E... which the $12p does not have in same ECM.

We're trying to steer you in the right direction. But if you like to be difficult? Then you picked the right system to start with!
    So are you saying I could actually still use the 165 with MAP vs having to switch to the 730 ECM?
    Seems there are other changes that would be required (IE ESC Module and Knock Sensors)?
    I suppose if I totally hit a wall with the MAF arrangement, I could switch over without a lot of drama?
    Mmnnn.. Something to think about...
    Elm