While I am gathering bits for my FIRST Fuel Injection install on my 69' Vette, I have decided to embark on another adventure to get my feet wet.
I have assembled all the bits to install a factory GM TPI intake onto my ZZ3 crate motor that is situated in my 85' Suburban 4x4.
I've finally had enough with trying to get the Q-Jets to work properly so I figure this will be the best bang for my buck and really help in the torque and fuel mileage departments.

I've gone ahead and purchased a Burn2 from Moates and the TunerPro RT software so I can tweak my own BIN files but I haven't been able to find any documentation for my somewhat rudimentary questions. I'm hoping someone out here can help.
Here is my config:
ZZ3 crate motor (no mods), factory exhaust manifolds with full dual exhaust, Suburban 4x4, A/C, 700R4, 3.42 axles.
From an engine control perspective, I have a complete 88' F-body TPI (I'll remove the 9th injector), 1227165 ECM and plan on using the $6E BIN with MAF and the stock 43.5 PSI fuel pressure.
I am keeping the charcoal canister but removing the AIR pump, EGR and VATs.
This is my utility vehicle used to haul supplies and occasionally a 20' jet boat. Bullet-Proof reliability and decent fuel economy are my goals.

Here are my questions:
Looking at an existing ARAP BIN file (since the ZZ3 is essentially a tweaked L98 with the same aluminum heads, I figured this is a good start), I don't see any flags for disabling the EGR (just the diagnostics?) or the AIR pump.
I guess a more general question is how do I disable functions that don't specifically have an 'On-Off' setting (IE Cooling Fans, HVAC control, EGR etc)? Since I will have a S.E.S. lamp, I want to prevent throwing nuisance codes for unused devices.
Is there some sort of 'Default Value' I enter to render these devices useless or do I just simply leave them disconnected from the ECM?

I will be using VSS but I don't see any specific setting that corresponds to axle ratios- Is there such an entry on the 165 ECM?
I see many values that are based on vehicle speed but without specifying the axle ratio, these values will be inaccurate?
Also, since this truck in an 85, I can use the 2K optical VSS signal from the speedometer head that the cruise control uses- But my question is can I run BOTH the cruise control AND the ECM with this single VSS source (essentially just splitting the 2K signal to go to both devices)?

From an injector perspective, I am thinking the 22# stock 5.7 injectors should be more than adequate for this application?
The ZZ3 is rated at 335 HP with a 4 bbl and headers but my truck is running the factory (restrictive) exhaust manifolds and I will realistically NEVER run this thing above 4500 RPM so my HP range will be considerably less than the rated 335. Seems the 22# injectors should be fine-
Thoughts/comments?

I apologize for all the questions but I have not been able to find these answers surfing on-line.
If there is a repository for 165 specific information, I'd appreciate if someone can provide the link.
Thank you for your time!
Elm