Thread: Silence Command for CCM on $EE.ADX how to?

Silence Command for CCM on $EE.ADX how to?

Anyone know how to make silence commands on a ADX file? The EE.ADX for TunerPro has never worked for me. I get data and it looks correct but has a jump/glitch then back. So I tried a DataMaster Trial and noticed it has some options and one is Silence CCM handshake! I think this is what Mark at TP was trying to do when he added Silence command but it was for CCP.

Since all LT1 have CCP Charcoal Canister Purge and some LT1 work I don't think it is this.

Now not all LT1 have CCM Cruise Control Module and mine does, and mine works improperly and DataMaster has an option to Disable CCM handshake I think this is it.

But I have not learned how to build ADX file or understand how to do important stuff like this... help please!

Then I can finish testing the history tables and dashboards I added to the ADX.
    Attached Files Attached Files

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Administrator

Re: Silence Command for CCM on $EE.ADX how to?

In this case, CCM isn't cruise. CCM is Central Control Module, found in Corvettes. Aftermarket scanners and scan software would try to connect to the pcm, get the ccm instead, then they'd choke or spit out garbage. So a "Silence CCM" command allowed the PCM to talk with the scantool.

If you can monitor actual ALDL communications you can probably figure out what's causing problems. If you use an older Tunercat cable, AVT Hex Editor may talk directly with the pcm and other control boxes (learning curve involved, must learn hex codes to speak in GM OBDII "VPW" language). End result may be sending command to silence other boxes on data lines if they're corrupting data. There was a freeware program called uvscan and a forum at uvscanning.com. The site is gone (not much activity) but I have a copy of the freeware program. This also worked with older Tunercat cables. If your cable does CAN data then the software above likely won't work.

Re: Silence Command for CCM on $EE.ADX how to?

Well a guy helped me do this and the glitch was gone, but the data was wrong... then I tried my old ADX and the glitch was gone, and data was incorrect... then I tried DataMaster and data was correct still...

So I have no idea why the EE.ADX does not work in my car, but no one ever responded that it worked in their cars either?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-