Thread: Tech2 flashing

Tech2 flashing

Ok I have access to a Tech2 and the candi module and can use when I want if I wanted to bench flash a 2002 Saturn computer are the calibrations saved on the the memory card or will I need the tis2web deal to load the calibration?

Fuel Injected!
    Unless you also have access to the discontinued TIS2000 CD / dongle setup, then you will need a TIS2WEB subscription to get the calibrations.
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-09-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: - typo

Well awaiting my subcription password through my work have me setting up all out laptops with GM software I already got Ford IDS going Cummins Insite and International trucks software.

My buddy let me use his password and started playing around with TIS2web I found the tis2000 CDs and dongle here http://www.ecutool.com/ I was hesitant but for the cost wasn't a bi loss of it didn't . I loaded everything on a Panasonic CF-29 with XP and bench flashed a couple PCMs. I could not however get it working on windows7 running in compatibility mode or even running virtual XP mode. Instead of the GM mdi ill be beta testing the mongoose cable at work figured I post this for others looking for the cd and dongle

Fuel Injected!
    With some work you can use teh Tech 2 to flash custom files as well.

I wish I had a Tech 2, they are handy as heck.
    peace
    Hog

Is it possible to use a Mongoose instead of a Tech2?

I haven't tried one yet that's what they are supposed to be buying us at work. I didn't have alot of time to try my tactrix cable which is j 2534 but on their website said only good for CAN vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Is it possible to use a Mongoose instead of a Tech2?
    Ok I have a mongoose and I now have a year subscription for TECH2WIN GDS2 and SPS programming so if anyone needs a calibration just provide me with a vin. The only way I can figure to get a calibration is use the tech2 or mongoose to flash a pcm on the bench then read it back out unless someone else knows an easier way?? I have not tried the mongoose on the cd/dongle setup yet I will though and report back

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Unless you also have access to the discontinued TIS2000 CD / dongle setup, then you will need a TIS2WEB subscription to get the calibrations.
    SO if i have the quoted item can i get the virtual tech 2 to work?