Well you guys know I'm into my first 16197427 PCM but it's a manual... BUT i have a 16188051 PCM in my LT1 with 4L60E that I am starting to play with...

Before I waste a perfectly good, inspected and serviced with synthetic trans I thought I better get some experience before I go to far.

First thing I found out was the 1995 Cadillac LT1 with towing package RPO V4P was a drastic improvement in shifting from factory! Can you believe a Cadillac had better shift points then an Impala SS? Well it does. So I found the V4P bin file and did a lot of comparing and liked the looks of it.

Driving my 1994 RoadmaSSter, that has the towing package, but same shift points as Impala SS was much better, higher shift points more performance oriented and just felt better.

The only other thing I have done to tranny is changed was "Shift Time (sec) Vs. %TPS Vs. Shift, Normal Mode, Low Alt. and High Alt". I cut the shift time in half from approx .60 to .30 and they do seem firmer.

The only reason I touched them was there is another table "Shift Time (sec) Vs. %TPS Vs. Shift, Performance, Low Alt. and High Alt" and these are all set to "0.00 But have no idea what makes the PCM go from "Normal" to "Performance" mode. I'm guessing I will find a TPS parameter somewhere. But both tables are the same TPS readings? So maybe it's switched by a MAP reading?

So what else can be done? Lots of questions on line pressures? Better question is what should NOT be done.