Thread: Fiero gets a non stock 3800 supercharged.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Fiero gets a non stock 3800 supercharged.

Well,been real busy past few months on other peoples stuff but finally getting mine started finally.
    Pulled in my 88 Pontiac Fiero GT tonight and yanked the motor and trans out of it.
    It's getting a rebuilt L67 that I stupidly overbuilt for my wifes car.
    Tomorrow a customer vehicle is moving out and I will have room to pull in the impala and yank the donor from it.

I still need to buy a few things,and will need to make mounts and other things as well.
    Planning to be done in no more than two months,even if. I need to pass on a couple mods I want to do while it's out.
    I'll be setting it up for quick/easy removal so chance I might slam it in almost as-is.
    Harness is waiting in crate,already disassembled and individual circuits labeled as well as a pcm.

Goal is to call out,and smoke the hell out of a buddies sbc rx7 who lives up the road.
    Currently all engine parts are entirely ceramic,moly or thermal coated from oil pan to blower with the exception of the block,timing chain and water pump. Some stuff that doesn't matter friction ot heat wise are just powdered and a couple painted.
    Ported blower,heads,intake,TB and oil pump. 9.4:1 compression,lightened and weight matched stock pistons/rods,LS6 rod bolts,short travel lifters,120lb springs,lightweight retainers,seriesIII intake valves,coated stock cam,file fit rings,stock blower pulley and more i'm sure i'm missing.

Upgrading to either Northstar or vortec 454/LS1 75mm TB
    LS1 maf
    water methanol injection
    3.4 blower pulley (plans for smaller later)
    *Cam
    Custom aluminum fuel rails
    42lb injectors
    SLP stainless headers
    440T4 from Mclaren turbo grand prix (for now?)
    *Rebuild convertor for 2500ish stall depending on cam
    Nitrous (for giggles,prob never use)
    Alt bracket delete

The stuff with an asterix I haven't purchased yet,and are on the list of stuff I want to go in when installed.
    There will be alot of other various additons and alterations to the car at same time.
    Battery is getting relocated to front,trunk probably cut for new exhaust,new heater core,*rear coilovers,*new bushings,some more gauges.
    I've already been completely thru everything on the front end and fuel pump and radiator upgraded as well.
    I'll add as I remember,I had to make a list but it's in the shop.
    This should be done fairly quickly depending how long it takes to raise needed funds.
    Have several buddies (lotsa skill there) riding me and helping me.
    The Nitrous and battery relocate will be last,it's going to buddies shop for sheetmetal front trunk.

Here's some pics of it,from newest to oldest.
    Day we picked it up

Waiting on new timing chain/water pump. Rear windows removed cause cracking.

chrome powdercoated various parts,2row all aluminum radiator..

Sometimes you learn to make do with what ya got

Repaired some bad spots,all above the molding. Planned to respray but after primering kinda liked it so just left it.
    Currently a chalky version of this now

Pulling motor

Motor before it went in impala (has a couple hundred miles,and currently stock blower in car.)
    Last edited by Playtoy_18; 01-05-2014 at 02:31 PM.