Thread: Choosing injectors for batch fire MPI.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Choosing injectors for batch fire MPI.

Now that I have the 7427 pcm in and running, and getting the hang of tuning it, I am ready for the next step, mod a intake and convert over to batch fire MPFI with this 16197427 pcm.

So, what are we limited to, as far as injectors that would be compatable? I would think the injectors ohms would have something to do with it?
    If at all possiable I want to run EV6 style injectors with the nice 4 hole spray pattern.
    I have quite a few (12 actually) of the dodge neon 0280155703 injectors laying around. (running these in the 4.0 in my 93 wrangler and love them) They are the EV6 4 hole pattern injectors.
    I measured them and they are 12.5 ohms (plus or minus .1) They flow 238cc/min at 3 bar, witch according to the calculators online I have found, would flow about the right ammount for my engine at around 39-41 psi.

So what says the experts out there? If not, what other options do I have, that are roughly the same flow rate?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Yes I got the fuel rails too. Thats them in front of it on the bench in the first pic.
    I noticed from looking at pictures of the complete kit online and looking at replacement injectors on edelbrocks website that it used those short pico injectors. I figured the o-rings were most likely the same size and I should be able to use standard bosch style injectors with just a little spacer that shouldnt be too hard to make.
    I test fit my injectors and they fit just fine. Just gotta cut out some spacers.

The dual bolt pattern on the center holes is so the intake can fit the older heads as well as the newer ones. (old square port, and newer dogleg port heads)
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.