Thread: Power coming out of my ECM grounds???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No extra ground for the DIS needed. It's very much liek my 6 cylinder DIS modules. I simply attach the ground wire to teh engine ground and then mount the ICM and coils wherever is convenient. I've mounted them to the firewall, engine block, strut tower and inner fender well, and all act the same way.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Well I'm tidying up, separated a few grounds that I usually tie together just because it's a new to me ECM.

Did the highly technical ECM test from GM and tapped on it... voltages change!!! So waiting for the new, reman GM ECM in box I found on eBay, should be here today or?

Truck would not start from get go but did spit and sputter, thought it was crank trigger timing, NOT, had a relay buzzing and my fault for running power to a ground relay. Still spit and sputtered, then sometimes spark, then no noid lights? Got the wiring diagrams with voltage tests and well it was no good either... Just been a bugger... Quad 4 ECM, four cylinder TBI DIS, my first crank trigger built system. Then wiring diagrams for same car showing differant pins, or added, then VIN A or VIN D... Just not been something I know like back of my hand and, well not thinking clearly do to low calories for months making it hard to think let alone learn new stuff! But with some new meds and a nutrionalist have been eating enough last few days and feeling better, so the plan is coming together. Actually back to enjoying it!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-